• Report: #193221

• Updated: Thu, May 25, 2006

• Reported By:WEST MELBOURNE Florida
Bank One
www.bankone.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Bank One And Fleet Bank Credit Cards credit limit was reduced with no reason or justification ripoff Nationwide

After having a credit card with Fleet Bank for over 3 years with not one late payment, I experienced a problem after the buyout from Bank One. My limit was about $10,000 with no problems or late payments ever. After the buyout by Bank One, my limit was reduced to $1,000.

I was not informed or given a reason for the reduction. I called to inquire and was given no reason. My credit score has always been over 700, of which I told them this. Since they could not give me a reason, I closed the account. Not since that day have I recieved a letter or call from Bank One.

I believe the reason is this: right before I discovered the reduction in my credit limit, I had made a large payment in an effort to pay the account off in full. Immediately after I made a large payment, the limit was reduced. Bank One refused to admit that this was purposely done on their part, but the coincidence is obvious. I was no longer a profitable client if I had a low balance. That's why they were no longer interested in keeping me as a customer.

Please write if you've experience this also.

David
WEST MELBOURNE, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/25/2006 07:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bank-One/nationwide/Bank-One-And-Fleet-Bank-Credit-Cards-credit-limit-was-reduced-with-no-reason-or-justificat-193221. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bank One