Complaint Review: Bank of America, Home Loans

• Updated: Mon, December 17, 2012

• Reported By: Chris — Winter Haven Florida United States of America
Bank of America, Home Loans
Simi Valley, California United States of America

Bank of America, Home Loans Not fullfilling obligation as result of National Mortgage Settlement Simi Valley, California

*Consumer Comment: Chris,

Since April 1, 2012, I have been going through the motions, jumping through hoops trying to secure an interest rate reduction, through this new "National Mortgage Settlement".  I don't qualify for a standard "refi" or HARP because I don't have government backed loan.  I finally got fed up and filed a complaint with the Consumer Finance Group where I expressed my concerns (like here) and expressed feeling discriminated against due to NOT having a gov't backed loan. This formal complaint lit a fire under their pants.  "Help" started coming out of the woodwork.  Shortly after our initial conversation involving all the expected PR reassurances, I got a letter from Nicholas Rao (from the, apparently, useless office of the CEO) that states my loan does not "qualify" because the bank that "services" my loan (which is Bank of New York) has not given them authorization to modify my loan.  Well GET THE AUTHORIZATION!  In the first place, why am I, just now, finding out about the simple criteria that my loan has to be serviced by any particular party?  Again, this process has been dragged out for many months now, and this is the first I've heard of this.  It is just more to my point, your people are not informed, or consistently withholding of information.  It is really sad how a responsible consumer can't get honest help, or even straight answers.  Secondly, as far as the feeling of being discriminated against, explain your "findings", or lack of listening, to the many people I've spoken to, inside and outside your company, about not qualifying for "programs" because I don't hold an FHA, Fannie Mae or Freddy Mac (or simply put, a gov't backed) loan.  How would you feel, if you could not qualify for anything because you're a responsible person that doesn't rely on government to back you up?  I hate that my only option is to jump through your hoops to get any help at all.  Not to mention, I have called "my personal advocate" Nicholas Rao, and he has yet to return my calls requesting a copy of the document that states "his findings" except for a letter that states it, and to further express my disgust with how Bank of America does business.  Sad, sad business practice.  Simply put, you were given an enormous amount of money to facilitate relief for your customers.  If it were a first come, first serve process, I have to be on the front end of this list.  I'm not even asking for any of your subsidy.  I just want a little relief to prevent becoming one of the statistics that is bringing our entire country's economy down.  Yes, I've talked with your representative once, Nicholas Rao, and it appears that he is only one of the MANY at Bank of America that I have talked to, that your go-to move is to drag me along to no end.  This could be such a simple process, but instead, you are choosing to make it so convoluted.  Please help.  Thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2012 06:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bank-of-America-Home-Loans/Simi-Valley-California-93062/Bank-of-America-Home-Loans-Not-fullfilling-obligation-as-result-of-National-Mortgage-Set-983143. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bank of America, Home Loans

Chris,

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

Feel free to type in 856812 at this site and read Ripoff Report #856812 for more information about the HARP 2.0 Program, okay?