Complaint Review: Bank of America

• Updated: Mon, February 07, 2011

• Reported By: Wayne — Cedar Park Texas United States of America
Bank of America
P.O. Box 5170 Simi Valley, California United States of America

Bank of America BOA Unauthorized charges for home warranty. Simi Valley , California

Today, Feb. 7 upon checking my bank statement, I discovered a new charge amount on my semi-monthly mortgage payment.  A $20 increase for a total of $40 per month.  I contacted Bank of America to find out what it was and how it happened.  I had not authorized anything new.  This mortgage has been in effect with Countrywide first and then taken over by BOA.  In the process, BOA sent me to an insurance company that was managing the "home warranty" I had signed up for, which I had not.  After 5 phone I have been called in March of 2010 agreeing to the home warranty for $39.95 per month.  Since I have not done so, I requested the recording of such a transaction.  I was also told that I had basically received a letter telling me it was starting and if I did not want it I would have to cancel.  The bottom line is I did not request nor agree to this charge.  It is to take 14-21 days to get a letter that will tell me about my agreement to take.  The attorney generals office in Texas is always open to investigating such fraudulent activity, which seems to be verified by other complaints on this site identical to mine.  I will be following this and update my posting.  The already tarnish reputation of Bank of America is getting even worse.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2011 07:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bank-of-America/Simi-Valley-California-93062-5170/Bank-of-America-BOA-Unauthorized-charges-for-home-warranty-Simi-Valley-California-692160. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bank of America