Complaint Review: Bank of America

• Submitted: Mon, October 08, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, October 08, 2012

• Reported By: Gaines — Franklin Tennessee United States of America
Bank of America

Bank of America BofA Fraudently Withdraws $888,888.88 from Checking Account Internet

*Consumer Comment: Gaines,

*Consumer Comment: No..

I've been a Bank of America customer since 1998 and have never had a problem with my checking account until last week when I noticed an $888,888.88 withdrawal appear. As a software developer, my first thought was some sort of system error so I searched the internet to see how many other people had experienced similar glitches, but I seemed to be the only one. Then I started to worry that it was fraud so I contacted customer support. They transferred me to Sheldon Walker in the Global Fraud Prevention department where I was informed that they had applied this charge to prevent me from using my account. Their justification was that a check from my renter had bounced leaving insufficient funds, so to ensure that the bounced check was re-payed they deducted nearly a million dollars from my checking account. Sheldon gave me his direct number (626-397-6029) and told me he would have to be contacted to remove the hold once my account had sufficient funds to cover the bounced check. [continued below]....
.....

I knew my client's next invoice was being processed Thursday night so I waited until the funds were deposited and called Sheldon first thing Friday morning. I left a voice mail message that the funds had been added and I needed the fake charge removed. With the weekend fast approaching I called back every hour leaving a new message, but Sheldon never returned my call.

For updates, see my blog at http://blog.dotnetdude.net/2012/10/bank-of-americas-million-dollar.html

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2012 09:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bank-of-America/internet/Bank-of-America-BofA-Fraudently-Withdraws-88888888-from-Checking-Account-Internet-952289. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bank of America

Gaines,

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

Feel free to 'Google' the following eight videos and watch them on the web in order to understand who ultimately controls the banking system, U.S. government, Wall Street, and even the price of oil-

1) FRONTLINE: MONEY, POWER AND WALL STREET
2) WHO OWNS THE FED BANK, WHO CONTROLS WHO VIDEO
3) WHO CONTROLS THE UNITED STATES ECONOMY BY MAJORITY 2010
4) FRONTLINE: THE WARNING
5) AMERICA: FREEDOM TO FASCISM
6) FULL SHOW: HOW BIG BANKS ARE REWRITING THE RULES OF OUR ECONOMY
7) INDYMAC BOYS GET SWEETHEART DEAL
8) DID SPECULATION FUEL OIL PRICE SWINGS

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

I do not work for this or any other bank, but from what you can find on the Internet you will see that this is basically a "flag" for their system to disable your account to prevent you from withdrawing any money, and any employee will automatically refer you to their "fraud" department.  So on the good side..you are not really negative almost one million dollars.

On the bad side...while you don't want to hear this, your account has most likely been closed permanently.   If this did happen, then for what ever reason, and in reality they don't have to give you any reason, they no longer want you as a customer.   So you would be best to move on to another bank and don't look back.  One more piece of possible bad news.  It also may take another 7-10+ days for them to send you a certified check with any remaining funds you have in your account once they are sure that there are no longer any outstanding debits.