Complaint Review: Bank of America

• Submitted: Thu, July 15, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, July 15, 2010

• Reported By: Chelseacraft — Houston Texas U.S.A.
Bank of America

Bank of America Online Banking Statement Internet

Bank of America claims their online banking system cannot show a current or accurate billing statement. BoA claims it is impossible to provide customers with a correct amount due both on paper & online that reflects changes made 3 weeks ago.

BoA deducted a $39 late fee from my account 3 weeks ago from another of their ridiculous banking errors. However, on my Bill Pay webpage my current amount due is showing that I owe the $39 & my paper bill they sent shows that I owe $39 late fee too. Yet on my credit card account activity webpage they show the fee was waived 3 weeks ago.

The BoA representative gave this excuse: Our bill pay webpage pulls it's information from our billing statements therefore on the date the statement was created the $39 fee was still showing on your account. When I asked why any purchases I made seem to be accurately reflected on my bill during the month he couldn't give me an answer.

Summary: Bank of America is blaming their computers for taking 3 weeks to update account activity when it comes to crediting your account back money they owe you but they certainly can maintain up to date current data on your billing account when you make purchases.

This is right in line with my past banking experiences with them. A couple years ago I deposited cash by drive up teller during weekday business hours before 4 PM but the amount wasn't credited to my account so I could use that money till the following Tuesday & they blamed the computers. Of course I had written checks over the weekend thinking my money was in the bank & got charge hot check fees on all of them.  They would not back down saying it was my fault. I'd change banks but they all do these same scams and the government looks the other way. Then we bail them out when they make mistakes as if it's still our own fault when it isn't.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2010 02:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bank-of-America/internet/Bank-of-America-Online-Banking-Statement-Internet-623564. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bank of America