Complaint Review: Bank of the West

• Updated: Tue, April 23, 2013

• Reported By: JAG — Lakewood Colorado
Bank of the West
215 s. wadsworth blvd. Internet United States of America

Bank of the West Alameda and Wadsworth branch, Lakewood CO. No customer appreciation, no taking responsibility for bank failures, Internet

I'm a long time customer of this bank, over 10 years, for the most part been a decent bank. I have had a few problems like having two business accounts and the bank confused the accounts and made a big mess, I eventually closed one and moved it to a credit union (which I consider a smart move now). Another issue was that I was having problems with the business online banking site known as "webdirect", the data was never current and all I got was "we are working on that", not until almost two years later did anyone mention that there was another online option for business banking that would be current to the day, and that information came from another employee not my banker who supposedly "cares" about me the customer. When I presented this to her she just back pedals with a lame excuse like "I forgot to mention it".

The last straw: As I mentioned the webdirect online feature has glitches, admitted by the bank. I have a petty cash account for my employees to use and made a online deposit into it of $300., well it never got there. By the time I was aware there was a problem $240. worth of debits is now almost $500. with NSF fee's piling up. After an investigation the bank concluded that I was indeed online when I said I was but could not track the actual key strokes proving conclusively one way or the other whether I had indeed transferred funds or not. Now I am a longtime customer, I have enough money in the business account to pay the fines 20 times over.

They know me, they know I would NEVER authorize my employees to make debits against an account without sufficient funds, why would I? I have more than enough money. My contention is that in the case where it cannot be proven whether the bank or the customer is right, but the evidence supports the customer claim, the customer should be given the benefit of the doubt, that is if you really are a customer based business which they claim to be. In my case the bank decided to go ahead and hammer me, a 10+ year consistent customer, with outrageous NSF fee's even though they admit that their web business banking portal has issues, and the weight of the evidence supports my claim short of absolute proof.

I would think that with the money this bank spends trying to attract new customers they might think it prudent to open their greedy fist and let a few hundred bucks go in order to keep the ones they have. I'll be looking elsewhere for a new banking home, and so far the credit union has been a pretty good prospect. C ya BOTW, you lose! Steer clear of this bank unless you can handle screw ups with no sense of liability

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2013 02:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bank-of-the-West/internet/Bank-of-the-West-Alameda-and-Wadsworth-branch-Lakewood-CO-No-customer-appreciation-no-t-1045622. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bank of the West