Complaint Review: Bankers Life & Casualty

• Submitted: Fri, May 22, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, May 22, 2009

• Reported By:Concord New Hampshire
Bankers Life & Casualty
14 Loudon Road Concord, New Hampshire U.S.A.

Bankers Life & Casualty Lied to, ripped off and unhappy Concord New Hampshire

*Author of original report: Bankers Life & Casualty

I worked for Bankers for about a year and a half and that was a year and a half too long. The job sounded so great to begin with until you were in then everything was lies. I was 1 of about 60 in an office that acted like a pack of wolves and only the strong overbearing types profited. I was promised leads every week then on average got 4 or 5 leads that had been recycled many many times and were very old and were barely of any use. I repeatedly had commissions stolen from me when agents would go in a day before I was supposed to write a policy and had put all the rapport into a client and would get no part of the policy. I was told many times that this was gonna be looked into and that they did not tolerate that and then not a thing happened cause the veteran agents were the ones doing this to me. So finally I quit because I could not handle being taken advantage of anymore. I had very good relationships with my clients when I left and all of a sudden i'm getting collection calls from Stuart Allan and Associates saying I owe $1200 due to chargebacks. Bankers had gone back and cancelled my policies with my clients and rewrote them with another agent so I would get charged back. I never saw a renewal or anything. Then Stuart Allan called and said the only way I could fix this was to pay the $1200 in full which I kindly explained was not an option because I have no money to my name and make very little at my job now and barely have any money left over at the end of the month that I could save. I told them I could pay $100 a month cause thats all I could somehow come up with and I was told no that I had to do it in 3 months so I had to pay them $400 a month or they could possibly pull some strings and it would be very hard but maybe go 4 months so I could pay $300 a month. I repeatedly told them it wasnt reality to think I could come up with that kind of money and I would provide any information showing that that wasnt possible. Now im getting phone calls from them yelling at me saying that I should at least pay $100 a month and they wont stop calling but any money is good. And the last guy I spoke with was yelling so bad I just had to laugh. He was telling me I was going to need a great attorney because they were done messing around and they were gonna bring a lawsuit against me and tack on all these extra charges and fees so I would be looking at a $3600 bill instead of $1200. He has said he has a contract that I supposedly signed saying I would pay back all chargebacks which I did when I was working but I dont understand how they can cancel a bunch of my policies after I have quit and try to make me repay them?

Kenny
Concord, New Hampshire

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2009 12:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bankers-Life-Casualty/Concord-New-Hampshire-03301/Bankers-Life-Casualty-Lied-to-ripped-off-and-unhappy-Concord-New-Hampshire-454479. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bankers Life & Casualty

Bankers Life & Casualty

AUTHOR: Unhappy - (U.S.A.)

After talking to my ex boss today at Bankers Life I found out from him that no one cancelled my policies just to get chargebacks. I apologize to Bankers Life for jumping to conclusions. He even offered to look into the policies that the collection company is trying to get me to pay for to see in fact what actually happened. I appreciate him offering to help me and once again apologize.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC