Complaint Review: Bar Harbor KOA

• Updated: Wed, September 05, 2012

• Reported By: MNtravel — wayzata Minnesota United States of America
Bar Harbor KOA
136 County Road Bar Harbor, Maine United States of America

Bar Harbor KOA Bar Harbor/Oceanside Reservation not honored and deplorable customer service, ruined my vacation Bar Harbor, Maine

I made a reservation and paid my deposit in advance for a waterfront site at the KOA Bar Harbor Oceanside in July 2012. I called to confirm my reservation before leaving Minnesota and driving to Maine. I called and confirmed it several times during my 4 days of travel getting to this KOA. When the day came for me to get on my site there was another RV parked on my site. KOA promised them the site too, and since they were already parked on it, KOA wouldn't give me that or ANY waterfront site.They said they were already fully booked. They offered me a site that was not waterfront or a site down in a ditch that my RV could never "four wheel" over to get to.

The manager, Ron, never contacted me even though I tried 6 times over 6 weeks. I contacted the KOA corporate office and Tami at that office promised to help me by getting me a credit and giving me gift certificates to use in the future when I camp at other KOA's and she retracted that and never followed through with that.

Do not camp at KOA unless you want your vacation ruined. I wasted my fuel and my vacation time going to this KOA. I never would have driven this far if I would have known my reservation would not be kept. I ended up wasting days trying to find another place that had a site open to spend my vacation which was in upstate New York.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2012 08:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bar-Harbor-KOA/Bar-Harbor-Maine-04609/Bar-Harbor-KOA-Bar-HarborOceanside-Reservation-not-honored-and-deplorable-customer-servic-937333. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bar Harbor KOA