Complaint Review: Barbara L Hively

• Reported By: Crook Warning — Eugene Oregon United States of America
Barbara L Hively
200 N Melvin St Hopkins, Minnesota United States of America

Barbara L Hively - mozart_da_bear is a thief and scam artist Hopkins, Minnesota

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: me again

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: stalker alert - liar alert

*Author of original report: Changed Ebay Name to butternuts*da*bear

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: I am the person being velified here

Beware this woman. She is a fraud and stalks ebay. She attempts to have items shipped to people who are not on her verified paypal account.

Not only that, if you view her feedback under mozart_da_bear you will see she has a habitual problem with leaving negatives and making false and horrendous claims.

If you are a seller DO NOT sell to this woman. I would suggest adding her to your block list immediately on websites and auction sites.

She does NOT contact the customer via phone, email or otherwise as stated by ebay, and furthermore, she buys secondary items to leave more negative feedback, which is an ebay violation.

I have been contacted by over 20 sellers who have stated this is the worst person they have ever dealt with and that no one should have to go through the trouble they have with her. She is very rude, very bitter, and very paranoid.

I suspect she may need meds due to the type of feedback she leaves. She seems to be paranoid about everyone out to get her and she seems to think because she doesn't take the time to contact a seller that they are thieves.

She is a horrid person to deal with, and you have been warned.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2009 02:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Barbara-L-Hively/Hopkins-Minnesota-/Barbara-L-Hively-mozartdabear-is-a-thief-and-scam-artist-Hopkins-Minnesota-541281. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Barbara L Hively

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

me again

AUTHOR: Barbara L Hively - (United States of America)

Just wanted to stop by and say Hi.  I've not changed my Ebay ID recently - though I am tempted just to irk this person off.  Kinda fun to do from time to time - he's such a lovely guy.

Why do I say that?  Because today I got an email from him reminding me that he's posted this here for all to see and say how much its tarnished my reputation.  Jokes on him - no tarnish to me.  Its not hurt my ability to purchase.  Or sell for that matter.

So Merry Christmas Everyone!

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

stalker alert - liar alert

AUTHOR: Barbara Hively - (United States of America)

Funny how my original rebuttal is no longer present.  They say they never remove - but when you have the Attorney General of the State of Minnesota contact them, I guess they choose to remove the accused rebuttal but not the accusers information.  Tells you a lot about this site.

Anywho . . .

A friend of mine saw that this is still here and that this dude has even checked up on me enough to know I changed my Ebay ID.  Why did I change it?  As a joke - honestly.  Comes from a Facebook app where you could find out your nickname - it gave me butternuts.  My friends and I found it so funny I changed my ID.  I'm here identifying myself fully - no hiding.  I'm not lurking behind a bush or anything - just here saying HI - THIS IS ME!!!

Well where to start . . .

1.  Ebay no longer, for about 2 years now, allowed buyers to communicate with other buyers about a seller.  You have to have a business relationship established inorder to do so.  So saying he's been contacted by 20 or so other sellers about me is a false.

2.  Ebay won't allow you to file a claim unless you contact the seller.  I did so - several times - via Ebay's contact seller feature and also during the dispute process via their system.  He even called me back late one night - after I'd gone to bed!  (something like 11:30pm or so, I can't remember the exact time right now)  I have copies of several attempts to contact him via the Ebay dispute process.  He never replied via email - only the one phone call.

3.  Ebay won't let you close a claim for an item until 7 days have passed **from the time that you file the claim**.  Its just not possible.  Period.  Its a check system on Ebay's part to ensure both parties have the ability to respond and work through the issue.  If the seller (or buyer for that matter) does not reply Ebay will, by default, side with the buyer (or seller as the case may be).

4.  After the claim was closed Mr Idiot here filed a non-pay claim against me which caught a glitch in Ebays system allowing for more than one Feedback Report.  Why in the hell would I buy twice from this looser when he never sent in the first place?  By the way - it arrived AFTER the claim was closed by Ebay.  AFTER.  Ebay sided with me on that one - I have PayPal proof of paid item.

5.  He's still so bent out of shape about this that he is stalking me over and over again - checking my ebay name, feedback, etc.  He even goes so far to send me a taunting email from time to time telling me to google my name to see how rotten a person I am.  LOL - I'm a stronger person than that.

6.  Rude?  Probably.  When you pay for an item and get the run around about where it is (So-And-So died yesterday, it will be sent.  It was sent last week, I will personally check on it) and so forth you tend to get a bit rude after a bit.  My guess is that you have had about the same expereince.

7.  Meds?  Sure am!  Hypothyroide meds.  I take Aleve after I hike for knee pain.  But at age 43 with three kids I feel pretty good.

8.  Paranoid?  Who is the one checking on this and updating my changes.

Send me a letter and I will send you a full copy of all documentation including copies of PayPal receipts, Ebay dispute/claim reports, Emails from this guy and everthing I have from the Attorney General of the State of Minnesota - Lori Swanson and this sites response to her and I regarding this issue.  Just send your address - I will pay shipping and copy costs!!!

Unlike this coward, I am admitting who I am and welcome you contacting me about this.  I'd be more than happy to share my experiences with both this guy and this site.

Oh - he has also said I'm part of an organized crime ring!  LOLOLOL  OMG I go to tears laughing at that one.  I'm a married mother of three kids under the age of 20, I work part time out of the house, care for my elderly parents and my own family.  If I had time to do that  . . .. such a laugh.

By the way - he got paid, in full, for his stupid DVD - all this drama for less than $15!!!  I will NEVER ever buy from someone with less than 10fb ever again.  Ever.  I got burned.  Not this guy.  I pay by having this stupid thing here for the rest of my life.  Him - he hides behind his fig leaf unwilling to identifiy himself.  I should say clover leaf - that would more than cover his teeny balls.

Sincerely,

Barbara Hively
mozart_da_bear (former)
butternuts*da*bear (current)

Changed Ebay Name to butternuts*da*bear

AUTHOR: Crook Warning - (United States of America)

This person is now known as butternuts*da*bear on ebay. Just so people know. She changes her to name to screw others every so often.

#4 REBUTTAL Individual responds

I am the person being velified here

AUTHOR: Barbara L Hively - (United States of America)

I would like to state my side of the story.  You can be the judge.

I purchased in item from this person (DVDRESOURCE) via Ebay on November 20th.  The item was paid for in full on that day via PayPal.

I sent an email to the seller inquiring the status of the shipment.  I received an email back saying that there had been a death in the company and that they would get their "team" together to try to find out where the item was and get it shipped to me.

On December 2 I still had not received anything from DVDRESOURSE so I opened an Item Not Received report.  Anyone who is familiar with Ebay knows that when this happens Ebay automatically sends an email to the other party informing them that a report has been filed.  Both parties involved are encouraged to work together to resolve the issue and messages are traced via Ebay.  (Obviously phone messages are not).

On December 4, having not heard anything from DVDRESOURSE I again sent a message via Ebay simply saying "I would like an update as to when/if this item was shipped".  Again I did not receive any communication back.

I eventually pulled their contact information and phoned them.  I left a message and received a phone call back about 10:15pm.  I can no longer remember the person's name who called me but he apologized saying that he would make sure the item was shipped the next day.  I asked for a tracking number on the new shipment - he said he would email me.  He did not.

A tracking number for the original shipment was sent originally - but it never left California.

I again emailed via the Ebay process.  Still no reply.  On the last day Ebay closed the case and awared me a full refund.  I posted appropriate and accurate feedback.  The next day the item arrived.  In the mean time they filed an Item Not Paid report against me.  I immediately paid - after all the item was eventually received.  Because he filed the Item Not Paid complaint against me, Ebay's system viewed it as a new sale - it was not.  I did not stalk the guy- I did not go and buy a second one to leave bad feedback.  I paid for the one item I purchased.

Shortly there after this person started calling my home phone.  He called every hour for about 5 hours - I did not recognize the phone numbers so I ignored until I finally decided to answer.  He then began to yell at me calling me all sorts of names referring to female dogs and calling my sexual orientation into question.  (How my sexual orientation had anything to do with this purchase is beyond me.)  I had to call my phone company for assistance.  There were two suggestions - I could have his number blocked or I could pay $1 per phone call to have his calls "trapped" and a report filed with the police department.  I decided I didn't want to pay and simply blocked his phone number.

He also left abusive feedback to which I replied.  Ebay removed both comments as feedback abuse.

Today - February 5, 2009 - this person sends me an email (by the way, his email address starts with angryguildleader - if that says anything) taunting me to Google my own name.  Clearly he left this for me.

As far as the 20 or so other sellers he says he's had contact with - I find that hard to believe.  Ebay's privacy policy would not have allowed them to contact him without some sort of business transaction with him.  Ebay has locked down a lot of contact between sellers/buyers/ID's.

Paranoid?  How so?  In what way am I paranoid?  Because I pay for an item and its not shipped?

Finally - use mapquest to find that address he posted of mine.  You will see it does not exist.  That's not me here in Hopkins.  He got the wrong address.

Who is more paranoid?  Spam emails, taunting phone calls, abusive reports on the internet over a $12 DVD sale?

I'm not sure what my next step will be with this one.  I'm mortified about this- its a near complete falsehood.  Near complete because there are shards of truth - I did do business with him.  I did leave negative feedback.  Abusive?  Maybe but I at least got over it and went on with life.  Not this guy - he emails me today to taunt me.  Who's got mental issues?  I'd forgotten about it until today.

Sincerely,