• Report: #142054

• Submitted: Mon, May 09, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, April 10, 2009

• Reported By:Washington Illinois
Barbara Staples
1212 S Michigan Ave #306 Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

Barbara Staples, Limebarb, Barb Took my money for a commissioned cosplay costume then ignored me for eight months. Ripoff Chicago Illinois

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: response

I commissioned a costume in August, 2004. I paid $250 in full with a promised delivery date of Oct. 31. Halloween came and went, and no costume. Barbara posted on her website that she was having some difficulties because she just broke up with her boyfriend. I wrote her I did not mind a delay of another month or so.

But in March, 2005, I had not received a costume, a refund, an apology, or even a satisfactory explanation. From October, 2004 through March, Barbara Staples and her partner, Julia Crens, were attending cosplay conventions and making costumes for themselves. I had sent numerous e-mails and made phone calls. None of my phone calls were returned, and most of my e-mails were ignored. The three e-mails I received, months apart, said she was "shipping next week."

Barbara Staples and Julia Crens are scamming innocent consumers. To take money and not deliver product after eight months is fraud, pure and simple.

PayPal was no help to me. Only after I contacted the State Attorney General did "Slimey Limey" hastily issue me a refund. I never did get an apology or explanation.

Lois
Washington, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2005 12:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Barbara-Staples/Chicago-Illinois-60605/Barbara-Staples-Limebarb-Barb-Took-my-money-for-a-commissioned-cosplay-costume-then-igno-142054. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Barbara Staples

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

response

AUTHOR: Limebarb.com - (U.S.A.)

Dear Lois,
and future customers,

This customer placed an order in August 2004 for a costume delivery of Oct 2004. At the time the business we co-owned by two people. Some unfortunate miss-management at the time, and the break-up/splitting of the other partner left my (at the time) one person company with a an overwhelming amount of catch up work. Unfortunately Lois's was one of the orders that slid into being delayed. I tried to complete it as soon as I could, but dissatisfaction of the customer led me to just refund her the full amount of the costume with my apologies. I am sorry that she had to wait so long for a resolution. At the time my hands were very full with trying to pick up the pieces, but I made sure to be responsible to my customers in fixing the delays that happened at that time.

It should be noted that Julia Cretens was not an employee of limebarb.com at the time of this situation so this complaint has nothing to do with her. It should also be pointed out that this complaint is peppered with rumors and hearsay aside from this customers actual complaint.

I would also like to state that this article is merely one complaint, written 4 years ago. Please take into consideration that limebarb.com is an every growing business. In 2004 it was a one personal business completing 90 projects a year. It is now a 7 person operation completing nearly 400 custom made costumes a year.

Barbara Staples,
owner,
limebarb.com

______________________________
As a side note we would like to express that we do not support ripoffreport.com as we feel that they promote flaming and complaining over supporting actual customers with actual complaints that need resolution. We recommend to anyone out there who, as a customer, have a valid complaint with any company to contact the company and attempt to reach a resolution with them. If none can be reached, lodge your complaint with the Better Business Bureau, as they have been around for years, and are set up to properly work with both consumers and businesses.