Complaint Review: Barbizon

• Updated: Thu, November 04, 2010

• Reported By: Ashley — Denham Springs Louisiana United States of America
Barbizon
4950 W Kennedy Blvd Ste 200 Tampa, Florida United States of America

Barbizon Florida Better Business Bureau fraud, deceptive, illegal, unethical, scam, Tampa , Florida

My daughter went to an audition and was "chosen."  I think everyone with ability to pay is "chosen."  (Hindsight).  We paid the money and she went to the modeling classes.  Before graduation (which is the first opportunity parents get to see progress and see instructors in action.  Parents are not allowed in the classrooms.) the fees must be paid for the IMTA competition.  So, we paid it.  After graduation, we were mortified.  It was embarassing to my daughter.  It was so unprofessional, I could hardly believe what I was seeing.  Instructors couldn't read.  Some models were not announced.  It was unbelievable!!!  I contacted Barbizon requesting my money back.  They acknowledged the graduation video was awful.  And then requested MORE money, told me I would have to get my own flight, transportation, etc.  All of those things were covered in the original amount paid.  Barbizon offered for my daughter to go on the trip I had already paid for.  Then they sent me a contract signed by them with an expired refund date written in.  Why would I want my daughter to be associated with this type company?  All in all, I have lost $10,000.  The Better Business Bureau of Florida did absolutely nothing to help.  They told me Barbizon doesn't have to offer me anything.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2010 11:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Barbizon/Tampa-Florida-33609/Barbizon-Florida-Better-Business-Bureau-fraud-deceptive-illegal-unethical-scam-Tampa-658456. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Barbizon