Complaint Review: Barclay Bank Delaware And Juniper Bank

• Submitted: Mon, June 23, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, June 23, 2008

• Reported By:Pawleys Island South Carolina
Barclay Bank Delaware And Juniper Bank
Juniper Bank@cc.Juniper.com Internet U.S.A.

Barclay Bank Delaware And Juniper Bank They have billed me late fees and interest even though I had not been billed by them. Upon receiving 1st email from them- called and sent a check for amount charged for a plane ticket purchased and the annual fee. Have not paid any late fees or interest as paid first invoice promptly. Wilmington, Delaware Internet

On January 22, 2008 purchased a Spirit Airline ticket online. If opened new Spirit charge account received a $40 discount. Did this for this reason. Not until May 9th did I receive the 1st of any communication regarding this purchase. This was an invoice/email address from Juniper Bank, a name I did not recognize and email was deleted. Upon deleting emails in deleted file saw the name of Spirit Airline and saw that it was an invoice, not only for the ticket purchased together with a yearly fee, but also included late charges and interest. How is one to connect a Spirit Airlne card to Juniper/Barclay Bank.

The Spirit credit card was received one week prior to May 9th and never attivated. Due to this problem will not activate or ever use again. I contacted their 866 number on May 9th and told them that I would send a check that day to pay for the plane ticket (130.50) plus the annual fee ($39). This 1st of any email invoices also included late fees and interest totally $78 which I refused to pay. Since this was a new card there was no way to know where to send payment without hearing from them.

I have a good credit rating and all bills are always paid on time. They are adding fees and interest to the unpaid amount. Told them on May 9th that wanted all communication done by mail, but still receiving emails from them. Although no problems with mail they are blaming our post office for not receiving prior mailings. Not until June 9th did I receive the first of any World Master Card Statements (Why all these different names?).

My current balance of fees and interest on an $130.50 plane ticket is $100.06, which I have not paid as a do not feel it is due. No satisfaction is received when talking with their representatives. What should I do next?? I notice upon pulling up there website that it is a new site. I think that they have a problem with their billing process and are expecting their customers to pay for it.

Irene
Pawleys Island, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2008 01:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Barclay-Bank-Delaware-And-Juniper-Bank/internet/Barclay-Bank-Delaware-And-Juniper-Bank-They-have-billed-me-late-fees-and-interest-even-tho-343246. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Barclay Bank Delaware And Juniper Bank