Complaint Review: Barclay Bank, Juniper Bank BJ Wholesale Visa Credit Card

• Submitted: Wed, February 20, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, February 20, 2008

• Reported By:Williamson New York
Barclay Bank, Juniper Bank BJ Wholesale Visa Credit Card
PO Box 8827 Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.

Barclay Bank, Juniper Bank BJ Wholesale Visa Credit Card Refuse to Remove Identity Theft charges. They claim didn't receive Affidavit of Fraud Claim I sent 6 times! Wilmington Delaware

Barclay Bank, Visa placed identity theft charges on my account after charges had previously been removed by Chase Bank. Barclay continues to insist they have not received my signed Affidavit of Fraud Claimant form which I have either mailed or faxed to them 6 times. They offer anonymous PO Box to mail or fax the form. I have successful fax reports to prove I faxed and last week I sent the form certified USPS mail.

Identity theft occurred in Sept. 2007 when my BJ Wholesale MasterCard was with Chase Bank. Chase Bank caught the identify theft and called me. I confirmed and sent Chase a signed affidvait. Chase removed those charges immediately, issued me a new card/account within 24 hours! Great service from them.

In October, BJ Wholesale converted Chase MasterCard accounts to Barclay Visa. Barclay would not answer me why they placed the charges onto the Barclay Visa since Chase Bank had already cleared them. Barclay keeps sending me a form letter with a blank affidvait for me to sign saying they haven't received one, and have refused to close out the account which I have requested in writing. Can anyone provide suggestions as to how to get rid of these folks once and for all?? Lesson learned: I'll no longer do business with BJ Wholesale (I have some knowledge/proof the identify theft occurred via them). Credit cards offerings are a dime a dozen, who needs to put up with Barclays and their high interest rate? Not me!

BarclayBankIncompetent
Williamson, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2008 04:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Barclay-Bank-Juniper-Bank-BJ-Wholesale-Visa-Credit-Card/Wilmington-Delaware-19899/Barclay-Bank-Juniper-Bank-BJ-Wholesale-Visa-Credit-Card-Refuse-to-Remove-Identity-Theft-c-310567. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Barclay Bank, Juniper Bank BJ Wholesale Visa Credit Card

strongest