• Report: #462078

• Submitted: Tue, June 16, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, June 16, 2009

• Reported By:Gardnerville Nevada
Barclay Bank - Juniper Credit Card - US Airways Mastercard
www.juniper.com Philadelphia, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Barclay Bank - Juniper Credit Card - US Airways Mastercard BANK REPRESENTATIVE LIED TO ME and then raised my interest rate to 27%. Better off working with a loan shark Philadelphia Pennsylvania

While traveling on business on June 2008 was approached by a person who represented US Airways frequent flier representative. He said he could get me two free and 1 $50.00 roundtrip tickets for anywhere in the US that US Airway fly's by simply signing up for a frequent flier credit card. I usually don't sign up for credit cards, but I did because I enjoy traveling.

I let time pass, and then tried to "redeem" my tickets in March of 2009, and was told that I didn't have three tickets; I had 25,000 miles and that barely got one ticket to my location. I was upset and told them to cancel my card that had a balance of ~$2,500(daughter's college tuition). I have been paying twice the monthly payment to get rid of this horrible card.

Got my bill recently and noticed that they bumped up my interest rate to ~27%. I called and they told me because I was late with my first payment that they increased my interest rate!

I am writing this report because I feel very stupid for signing up for this card, and I don't want others to make the same mistake I did. I also blame US Airways for this mess. I will never again use their flight service again. even if it means paying more to avoid using their flights.

Michelle
Gardnerville, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2009 01:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Barclay-Bank-Juniper-Credit-Card-US-Airways-Mastercard/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania/Barclay-Bank-Juniper-Credit-Card-US-Airways-Mastercard-BANK-REPRESENTATIVE-LIED-TO-ME-462078. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Barclay Bank - Juniper Credit Card - US Airways Mastercard

phenomena