Complaint Review: Barclay Card US / Carnival MC

• Submitted: Fri, December 09, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, December 09, 2011

• Reported By: gotsarahe — St. Petersburg Florida United States of America
Barclay Card US / Carnival MC

Barclay Card US / Carnival MC Hold on payment causes financial hardship! Internet

Last Friday I made a payment for $1000 on my card- almost my entire paycheck- assuming I'd be able to use my card over the weekend. Saturday I called customer service and they said it would be held 2-3 business days- that I should have an available balance by Wednesday.

Today (Friday AGAIN) I called and spoke to a customer service rep who told me it may be up to SEVEN days because it takes that long to clear the bank (it was taken out of my checking account Monday!)

I asked to speak to a manager- I was told I would hear the same response- Finally spoke to a manager, "Laura" who "apologised" for the misunderstanding but that yes, it will be SEVEN TO TEN DAYS! I was in the middle of explaining to her that I wanted to report the person who gave me incorrect information, and we were mysteriously disconnected... probably a good thing, since everyone I spoke to gave me a higher number of business days...

I am going to have to go to Amscot and get a payday advance to put gas in my car and buy groceries this weekend!

Sarah
St. Petersburg, FL

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2011 12:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Barclay-Card-US-Carnival-MC/internet/Barclay-Card-US-Carnival-MC-Hold-on-payment-causes-financial-hardship-Internet-807231. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Barclay Card US / Carnival MC