Complaint Review: Barclay Career School

• Updated: Wed, May 15, 2013

• Reported By: Paula E — Lanham Maryland
Barclay Career School
1511 K Street, NW Washington, Dist of Columbia USA

Barclay Career School Took a 9 month paralegal course and never received my certificate in 1989. I have defaulted on my student loan several times and it is presently being deferred due to financial hardship. Washington, DC

*Consumer Comment: Are you insane??

I am writing to investigate Barclay Career School which was located at 1511 K Street, Washington DC.

I took a paralegal course in 1989 and never received my paralegal certificate after sucessfully completed the 9 month tort law and litigation courses.  I am also liable for a loan I took out with Sallie Mae at the time which is presently in default.  I would like to receive my credentials.  I understand the school filed a chapter 11 bankruptcy a few years after I completed my courses.  I would like to receive my paralegal certificate.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2013 10:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Barclay-Career-School/Washington-Dist-of-Columbia/Barclay-Career-School-Took-a-9-month-paralegal-course-and-never-received-my-certificate-i-1051125. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Barclay Career School

Are you insane??

AUTHOR: Niko234 - ()

You want a school to issue you a certificate you said was completed in 1989???? Why are you bringing this up now almost 24 years later? Number 1 that certificate is no longer good as the laws have changed quite a bit. Number 2 it is not the schools fault you defaulted on your loan. That is a matter for you to attend too. If the school went bankrupt then well, your screwed either way. The only education that holds merit 24 years later is a college diploma from a real university.