Complaint Review: Barclay Mastercard - US Airways

• Submitted: Sun, October 26, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, October 26, 2008

• Reported By:Rockville Maryland
Barclay Mastercard - US Airways
usairwaysmastercard.com Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.

Barclay Mastercard - US Airways Credit Card Wilmington Delaware

In response to a mailing from your bank through U.S. Airways, I recently opened an account for a Mastercard giving my currect e-mail address. following: Since opening my account, it appears that I have made two transactions on this card, one thee months ago in the amount of $32.66 and another several weeks ago for $47.00. It seems that I was never billed for these charges inasmuch as I received a letter from your offices indicating that your attempts to notify me by email at the email address given above were unsuccessful Yesterday, I received a letter, dated October 17,, informing me of your attempts to notify me by email were unsuccessful, despite my email address being operational.

I immediately called your office and was given the charges shown above, together with additional charges (late fees, etc) of $57.78, which I was informed I owed, despite my not having been previously billed. I objected to these additional charges, pleading that I had never heard from your firm but that I would put a check in the mail immediately for the $79.66 owed on the two charges earlier made. This I did. To be asked to pay an additional $57.78 for late payments despite my never have been contacted about these charges (surely I cannot be expected to keep track of each of my credit cards and what was charged to one card or another) is clearly unfair, especially in light of the fact that Barclaycard did not inform me of its difficulty in contacting me by email (a perfectly good email address, I might add) until three months after my first charge was posted.

I have appealed this but was treated like a deadbeat and summarily told to pay or have my credit ruined.

Ronald
Rockville, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2008 09:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Barclay-Mastercard-US-Airways/Wilmington-Delaware/Barclay-Mastercard-US-Airways-Credit-Card-Wilmington-Delaware-384939. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Barclay Mastercard - US Airways