Complaint Review: Barclaycard Financing Credit Card

• Updated: Fri, August 31, 2012

• Reported By: North Shore — Honolulu Hawaii United States of America
Barclaycard Financing Credit Card
100 S. West Street Wilmington, Delaware United States of America

Barclaycard Financing Credit Card Barclays Bank Deleware, Card Services I received a letter from "Barclaycard financing Credit Card" We regret that we are unable to approve you for a cardFirst of all, I never applied a for credit card or anything Wilmington, Delaware

I received a letter from "Barclaycard Financing Credit Card issued by Barclays Bank Delaware in reference to a application for a credit card that I never applied for. Also, Trans Union did a credit report without my authorization.
I tried to call the company in regards to the letter and spoke with some representative who I explained the story and he transferred me to their fraud and security Department. The security department ask me for my Social Security number which I refused to give. I told him I would give him the Application I.D. # if that would be helpful. He said no, I need the S.S. # I ask to speak to a supervisor and he said " this is a company" I said O.K. Then give me a number of someone who is in charge. Long story short, I was not getting anywhere and someone as this supposed Barclays fraudulently used my S.S. # or my information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2012 05:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Barclaycard-Financing-Credit-Card/Wilmington-Delaware-19801/Barclaycard-Financing-Credit-Card-Barclays-Bank-Deleware-Card-Services-I-received-a-lette-935530. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Barclaycard Financing Credit Card