Complaint Review: Barclays Bank - Juniper Bank - US Air Credit Card

• Submitted: Tue, February 24, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, February 24, 2009

• Reported By:park ridge New Jersey
Barclays Bank - Juniper Bank - US Air Credit Card
P.O. BOX 8802 Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.
  • Phone: 877-390-4200
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Barclays Bank - Juniper Bank - US Air Credit Card Usurious Interest Rates Wilmington Delaware

I have a US AIR Credit Card and made regular payments through my checking account. The amount is usually $50 more than the minimum to account for additional charges. The payment is automated and scheduled to arrive 10 days before due date.

I made a payment of $650 one month which turned out to be $25 less tanh the balance due. When they notified me, I sent the additional money and adjusted my future payments.

I was told the this is considered a late payment and they raised my interest rate to 27%. I called them but could not get any answer other than "there is nothing anyone can do". I asked for the customer service manager and was told there is none there at the call center in the Phillipines.

I asked for a name and phone number for someone in the Delaware Headquarters and was told they didn't know anyone there. I asked for the name of the head of the bank in Wilmington and was given a fictious name that didn't exist.

To this day I have not been able to get a name to contact. I have never missed any payments in 40 years and this is the way they treated me. I had a problem with Citibank and called them and they took care of it immediately.

Don't deal with foreign owned banks that are afraid to get customer service calls because they know how bad their service is.

Marti
park ridge, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2009 09:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Barclays-Bank-Juniper-Bank-US-Air-Credit-Card/Wilmington-Delaware-19899/Barclays-Bank-Juniper-Bank-US-Air-Credit-Card-Usurious-Interest-Rates-Wilmington-Delaw-427898. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Barclays Bank - Juniper Bank - US Air Credit Card