Complaint Review: Barclays Bank US Air Card Services

• Updated: Mon, April 18, 2011

• Reported By: Chris — Charleston South Carolina United States of America
Barclays Bank US Air Card Services
Card Services PO Box 8802 Wilmington, Delaware United States of America

Barclays Bank US Air Card Services Barclays Bank Of Deleware Rip Off, Awful Customer Service, Highway Robbery Wilmington, Delaware

I have now had five conversations trying to close this account completely and have been unsuccessful on all five. It comes as no surprise to me that I continue to owe money on the account and no supervisor will take the call.  The first conversation was on or about March 10 or 11 with someone who told me that I could not pay the balance in full upon first payment because it exceeded the maximum allowable payment at that time.  I said that it was my intent to close the account and needed to know how to do it and the answer was to make two payments the second after the first had posted to my balance and to my account.  That I did.

I then called back upon having made a full payment of the balance (NOT THE STATEMENT BALANCE) and requesting for a SECOND TIME the account closing and the operator said that the account would close.  I then had a third conversation upon verification of the payment clearing when I saw that the annual fee had been charged to my account - A FULL MONTH AHEAD OF TIME I MIGHT ADD, and the conversation was again that i wanted the account closed and I had no intention of paying the fee and I was told the fee would be waived.  Now the fourth conversation with another less than helpful and cooperative team member telling me that I had accrued interest charges on the account from its being open and the charges were valid.

Again I explained the time line dating back as far as the beginning of March and that was of no consequence nor would or could she confirm (VERY CONVENIENLTY) that the conversations I mentioned, happened the way I described and that the interest charge was valid.  Again I asked to speak to a supervisor and again I was not allowed to speak to one and was told to call back on Monday @ 8AM to speak to someone.  The fifth and final conversation was just this morning with a team member when I called at 8:00 AM as instructed and not surprisingly no manager was to be found available to take the call.  She further said that she would put the request through for a supervisor to call and I said that this matter should be marked urgent and that if anyone of any position had not called by 10:00 or 10:30 EST I would not be the least bit surprised Imagine my shock, it is now 10:30AM and no phone call came.

The sixth conversation found me still having to pay the interest payment.  I did so and then reported this to the BBB of Deleware.

This whole experience is completely unacceptable and not only shows a complete and utter lack of care and concern for customer service but plain outright robbery and greed on behalf of the Barclays and US Air companies.

Be assured that I will make it my business to inform everyone I come in contact with, everyone I know, use every resource to see to it that I make my side of the story known and that it is my opinion that neither US Air nor Barclays card services have a credible business or customer practices and further that both should be investigated by the better business bureau and any and every other consumer watch dog group available.  Lastly I would also like it know that I will NEVER AGAIN be a customer of either company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2011 09:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Barclays-Bank-US-Air-Card-Services/Wilmington-Delaware-19899/Barclays-Bank-US-Air-Card-Services-Barclays-Bank-Of-Deleware-Rip-Off-Awful-Customer-Servi-718931. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Barclays Bank US Air Card Services