Complaint Review: Barclays Bank United Kingdom

Leicester Leicester, Select State/Province United Kingdom
  • Phone: 08000224022
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Barclays Bank United Kingdom BARCLAYS BANK OF BULLS**T Incompetent Unprofessional Disorganised Shambolic Leicester United Kingdom

I called up Barclays about my mortgage and apparently failed the security questions. Barclays claimed I had given them fraudulent personal data – as if I would get my own mother’s maiden name wrong. They even claimed I had a land line, which I don’t!

I complained to the Financial Ombudsman, who found in my favour. The deal was that because I’d not been able to call up and discuss my mortgage, I’d been disadvantaged, so was allowed to make a late overpayment that would not count to that year’s overpayment allowance.

This is where things really start going tits up. Barclays then failed to apply the overpayment as per our contractual agreement. They wrote saying my monthly payments would go down as a result of the o/payment of several k, they even gave me the new amount, but then went on NOT to apply it and to keep taking the existing amount every month.

Back to the Ombudsman, who has been sitting on the complaint for 6 months. As I refused to be disadvantaged by Barclays Bank of Bullshit, I continued making overpayments, copying the Ombudsman, so that he/she could ensure Barclay’s actually gets their act together.

So guess what: Barclays Bank of Bulls**t writes to me following my latest overpayments of several K, that my outstanding balance has gone up!

All I can do is hope the Ombudsman sorts it out.  These service failures by Barclays Bank of Bulls**t started in Jan 13 and it’s now September 13. My mortgage allows a 10% annual o/payment – because of their incompetence, I’m too afraid to make more overpayments, thus I continue to be disadvantaged by not being able to utilise the terms of the mortgage and pay off my mortgage as early as i can

This is without a doubt the most incompetent, shambolic outfit I have ever dealt with: on a par with Thames Water, and that’s really scraping the barrel.

If you’re looking for a mortgage, I suggest you go elsewhere unless you want them to make a right mess of your single biggest investment.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2013 08:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Barclays-Bank-United-Kingdom/Leicester-Select-StateProvince/Barclays-Bank-United-Kingdom-BARCLAYS-BANK-OF-BULLST-Incompetent-Unprofessional-Disorga-1082196. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Barclays Bank United Kingdom