Complaint Review: Barclays Bank of Delaware

• Updated: Sun, December 11, 2011

• Reported By: Sue — Ocean City New Jersey United States of America
Barclays Bank of Delaware
125 South West Street Internet United States of America

Barclays Bank of Delaware Never had a mastercard and 30 late charges on credit report. Account open for only 3 days. Fraud account!! Internet

It began when I tried to refinance my house and I had my credit report reviewed.  What shows is Barclays Bank of DE with over 30 late charges all the way back to 6/09.  When I called Barclays I was transferred 4X to various departments since no one could figure out who I should talk to.  After 3 hours of fighting with various people I got frustrated and just gave Barclays my checking account information to pay the balance of $17 they claim I owe.

I spoke to the lender I am refinancing with and he told me I should call back immediately and revoke the payment of $17 since I obviously never had an account with them.

I called back that afternoon and I finally spoke to a manager who told me the account was opened on Jan. 12, 2007 and closed on Jan. 17, 2007 however the first late charge isn't until June 2009.  I never had an $11,000 revolving Mastercard with Barclays.  She said there was a $17 balance.  I told her don't you think if I knew that the balance was only $17 I would've paid this?  Barclays never sent this to a collection agency and the manager admitted that this was a fraud account.

She told me to send a letter via Fax to their Fraud department and I should hear back from them via email within 3 days.  Today is the 6th day and I haven't heard anything.

In the meantime, not only is the really affecting my credit but I can't refinance my house because of this issue.  I still don't know how this happened and neither does Barclays Bank.

I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2011 12:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Barclays-Bank-of-Delaware/internet/Barclays-Bank-of-Delaware-Never-had-a-mastercard-and-30-late-charges-on-credit-report-Ac-807890. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Barclays Bank of Delaware