Complaint Review: Barclays Bank

• Submitted: Sat, April 11, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, April 11, 2009

• Reported By:Hamburg New York
Barclays Bank
Box 8804 Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Barclays Bank Another bank ripping us off Wilmington Delaware

I have a US Airways Visa through Bank of America. I am one of the lucky ones who hasn't had any problems with BOA until now. I received a letter today that outlines the transfer of my BOA Visa to Barclays Bank. I guess I wasn't really surprised when, while reading the fine print, I notice they're going to increase my rate from 12.9 to 29.9%!!!

Although I always carry a balance, I pay on time, pay more than the minimum, and don't exceed my limit. Yet, like a lot of others on this forum, I'm about to get ripped off. They give me the option of rejecting the change in APR, but that means closing the card and losing the advantage of having an established account on my credit report. I can't wait for the economy to turn around and put consumers back in control of things.

Hamburg, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2009 12:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Barclays-Bank/Wilmington-Delaware/Barclays-Bank-Another-bank-ripping-us-off-Wilmington-Delaware-442859. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Barclays Bank