Complaint Review: Barclay's

• Submitted: Sun, April 14, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, April 14, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — Mississippi
Barclay's
125 South West Street Wilmington, Delaware 19801 Internet United States of America

Barclay's US Airways Mastercard Unethical and possibly fraudalent activity violating rights of consumer Internet

I am reporting Barclay's Card and asking for consumer protection after over a year of battling with this unethical company. We are in unusual circumstances due to our home being found to have chinese drywall that is toxic. This has caused us to be removed from our home and in class action suit for 4 years now. Due to our money being tied up in the home, we have had to resort to credit cards to sustain us with hopes of the settlement happening years ago and our money returned. Unfortunately, it has taken longer and this card that had a 0% interest for 10 months went to 26% and I received notice that they wanted almost 700 a month. I called the company November of 2011 to tell them the circumstances and if they could help us, because we could not make that payment. Our other card put us on a program to pay off our card under circumstances and we have not missed one payment since then. I was told by an agent that they would not speak to me until I missed a payment. This was absurd! So, I missed a payment and now the almost 700 was 1200 and they refused to discuss with me options until I made a payment. Even more absurd! I had removed my automatic payment information from the account, and tried to find another option to transfer the card or pay debt in some way. In the meantime, they withdrew the money from my account anyway. Which put my family in distress!

I finally spoke with a manager and they allowed me 10 months to pay an interest only amount because the case was to be settled last December. The money still hasn't been disbursed so I have now gone right back to these absurd payments. I asked if they would work out a plan until we received funds to keep us from filing bankruptcy and because we have paid our other account faithfully, and the agent told me that I had to pay the full amount or I could file bankruptcy but they would not work with me.

Knowing that my other card has made such effort to keep us out of bankrupcy, I feel surely there has to be some legal protection from companies such as Barclays. The fact that I tried to make arrangements before I missed even one payment, and they would not even speak to me, must say something to their ethical standards- non existent!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2013 09:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Barclays/internet/Barclays-US-Airways-Mastercard-Unethical-and-possibly-fraudalent-activity-violating-righ-1043141. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Barclay's