Complaint Review: Bare Escentuals

• Updated: Tue, September 11, 2012

• Reported By: coll — cleve Ohio United States of America
Bare Escentuals
71 Stevenson St San Francisco, California United States of America

Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Horrendous Customer Service/PR San Francisco, California

Bare Escentuals/Minerals seems to not adhere to good PR/Customer Service practices, nor do they care about doing so. i had placed an order for $120.73. I then placed a 2nd order a week later for $99.56. After 15 days and not hearing anything regarding my 2nd order. I called customer service. To my dismay, I was told that my entire 2nd order was cancelled.

I was naturally perturbed. The representative then passed me on to a supervisor who explained that they did send an email which i never received and I also checked 'spam'. I was then passed on to an 'escalations' representative who told me that in the FAQ's it states that no ore than 2 samples are permitted per order. There website did not have a pop-up as most others do explaining that I had reached some sort of limit, nor was my order blocked. It went thru without any problems but later was cancelled without giving me notification though they claim they sent such.

This answer was not satisfactory so i contacted their headquarters and spoke with the CEO's secretary. she seemingly agreed that after spending $221 that they would cancel an order because of a few extra trifle samples. Samples, by the way, which i hand out to family and friends which you would think they would like since it means potential new customers.

After not hearing back from anyone regarding my complaint, the situation continued to disintegrate. I sent 2 add'l emails before i heard back from someone. They then told me that they could not reactivate my order once it was cancelled. This posed an additional problem. They had given me a one day only promotional offer of a 15% discount which i used with that 2nd order that could not be re-used. I had to call to place a new order which they channeled again through 'escalations' . I did get the 2nd order placed as a new order with the promo offer minus the samples and i requested an itemized statement email of items and charges. They only sent a list of the items without the charges.

I sent 2 more emails and got no response so i called again. I was then told that they do not do that and that such a statement will be included in my shipment. Again, i went to a supervisor. I explained to her that whenever I make a purchase anywhere else on line, that they ALWAYS send me an email confirmation with a breakdown of the charges. She said that bare Escentuals/Minerals never does that.

I have never been treated in a shoddier fashion. I have faxed a letter to Simon Cowell (CEO) and Kevin Bradshaw (VP). I am waiting for a response.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2012 06:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bare-Escentuals/San-Francisco-California-94105/Bare-Escentuals-Bare-Minerals-Horrendous-Customer-ServicePR-San-Francisco-California-939825. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bare Escentuals