Complaint Review: Bargain Car DVD Outlet

• Updated: Sat, September 15, 2012

• Reported By: Ebay user — Wichita Kansas United States of America
Bargain Car DVD Outlet
1937 Davis St. Ste. B Unit 31, Internet United States of America

Bargain Car DVD Outlet Light in the Box, L.T.B. SCAM!!! DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! I PURCHASED A DVD/STEREO GPS UNIT FOR $325.00, NOTICED THAT THE UNIT LOOKED USED WHEN I GOT IT (I SHOULD HAVE RETURNED IT AT THAT POINT AND GOT MY MONEY BACK), Internet

*Author of original report: LightInTheBox is playing cat and mouse with their customers!!!

*UPDATE Employee: LightInTheBox

*Author of original report: LightInTheBox is a SCAM!

*UPDATE Employee: LightInTheBox

I SPENT $325.00 ON A CAR STEREO/DVD/GPS UNIT, WAS TOLD ON THE EBAY ADD THAT IT CAME WITH A 1 YEAR WARRANTY (LIARS!!);  THE WAS USED WHEN I GOT IT AND I SHOULD HAVE RETURNED IT AND GOT MY MONEY BACK (STUPID ME), BUT I KEPT IT AND 2 MONTHS LATER IT STARTED MALFUNCTIONING (IT WOULD NOT PLAY CD'S OR DVD'S AND THE RADIO WAS MESSING UP ALSO).

I CONTACTED THE SELLER, THEY TOLD ME TO SEND IT BACK TO THEM (AN ADDRESS IN SAN LEANDRO, CA) AND THAT THEY WOULD SEND ME ANOTHER ONE AS SOON AS THEY RECEIVED A VALID TRACKING NUMBER (LIARS!!).  IT HAS BEEN OVER 2 MONTHS NOW SINCE THEN---THEY HAVE BOTH MY MONEY $325.00 + $20.00 IN RETURN SHIPPING + THE UNIT ITSELF!!!  I HAVE FILED A CASE AGAINST THEM WITH THE KANSAS DISTRICT ATTORNEY PROSECUTOR'S OFFICE AND A SUMMONS FOR COURT IS IN PROGRESS AGAINST THEM.  SAVE YOUR MONEY AND DO NOT!  I REPEAT DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE CROOKS!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2012 03:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bargain-Car-DVD-Outlet/internet/Bargain-Car-DVD-Outlet-Light-in-the-Box-LTB-SCAM-DO-NOT-BUY-FROM-THIS-COMPANY-I-935826. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bargain Car DVD Outlet

LightInTheBox is playing cat and mouse with their customers!!!

AUTHOR: Ebay user - (United States of America)

It has now been over TWO MONTHS since I first filed a return with Bargain Car DVD Outlet (a sub-divison of LightInTheBox on Ebay), and as of today, I still have NOTHING to show for the $325.00 + $20.00 return shipping that I spent on this junk DVD/CD/GPS car stereo.

Someone by the name of Ian, contacted me via their Ebay Bargain Car DVD Outlet 5 days ago, and said that he was going to process my return for a replacement unit...well it has been 5 days now, and still NOTHING, no tracking number, NOTHING!  This company is a joke and VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!  STRONGLY recommend  that you shop somewhere else!  The old saying:  "You get what you pay for" definitely applies to this company.  STAY AWAY!

Return code: zhu01_27455

LightInTheBox

AUTHOR: LightInTheBox - (China)

Dear Customer,

Please accept our apologies for all the inconvenience caused.

We need you to provide us with any of the information below so we can find you in our system. And we can then help you with your problem. Please send us your order number, or the email address you used to register on our website, or your name you filled in the address form.

And again we apologize for all the inconvenience caused.

All the best,

LightInTheBox is a SCAM!

AUTHOR: Ebay user - (United States of America)

So I responded to their silly rebuttal---what a JOKE!  At first the customer service rep said that she didn't know about Bargain Car DVD Outlet, well after she checked with her boss, she admitted that they are in fact a "Department of LightIntheBox", said that she would contact Bargain Car DVD Outlet and get back with me in 24hrs.  That she did but her answer was that she was DISCIPLINED by her boss and told not to deal with other Departments!  LightIntheBox is really nothing more than a LIE-IN-THE-BOX waiting to be opened by some naive person who is about to get RIPPED OFF!  What a Joke this Company is!  They still have my $325.00 + the stereo/dvd/cd/gps unit that was USED when they sent it to me and didn't last more than a couple of months before it WACKED OUT!  Hope you're happy LTB (LIES IN THE BOX)!

WARNING TO ALL NEWCOMERS:  Do NOT buy ANYTHING from this RIPOFF company!!!  They will take your MONEY and whatever you bought if they can!

LightInTheBox

AUTHOR: LightInTheBox - (China)

Dear Customer,

Thank you for shopping with us and telling us about your experience. Please send us
your order number, so that Customer Service can find you in our system.  We will follow up with you about your request for return Since you already
have a Customer Service ticket open, please follow the link http://www.lightinthebox.com/index.php?main_page=ticket_center to check the progress of your
request.