Complaint Review: Bargain Network - Bargain Auto - Bargain Home

• Submitted: Sat, March 17, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, March 17, 2007

• Reported By:Van Nuys California
Bargain Network - Bargain Auto - Bargain Home
6330 Hollister Ave Goleta, California U.S.A.

Bargain Network - Bargain Auto - Bargain Home Read the Fine Print! ripoff Goleta California

I received an email from Vindale Research, telling me that I qualify for a survey of Bargain Network's website. I was told that I'd be paid $15 for about 15 minutes worth of time. I was directed to go to the website using a special button, and then I was told to order the "Free Trial."

I was informed that a membership fee of $1 and a processing fee of $1 would be charged to my credit card, but I was "reassured" that Vindale would "refund" the amount by sending me $15 for the survey, giving me a net profit of $13. Wary as could be, I did a quick search of Bargain Network and lo and behold, here it is on this BBB site.

So I went back and read "THE FINE PRINT" of their Terms & Conditions. If they can get you to consent to the Terms, they've gotten your go-ahead to charge your card for a variety of charges. They go to great lengths to make it clear that they make no claims about what you'll get, and make sure to waive any and all liability.

Some quotes from their Terms & Conditions:

"At the time you ordered you may have been offered a continuity or a fixed term membership. If you ordered a continuity membership the MEMBERSHIP FEE is for Our Services during the period stated to you at the time of purchase and is not refundable. After the free trial, and every month thereafter until you cancel, your MEMBERSHIP FEE, or its monthly equivalent, will be automatically billed to your credit card (or debited from your checking account, if you authorized that option).

You can cancel your continuity membership at any point and have no further obligation. Cancellations must be done by telephone. Please call us at 1-800-788-5648 if you are subscribed to Bargain Network Motors and 1 800-333-1915 if you are subscribed to Bargain Network Homes."

"If you used a credit card you may be subject to a preauthorization at the time you order. The preauthorization is not a charge to the credit card. However, the then applicable monthly subscription charge may be reserved against your available credit card limit. Contact your credit card issuing financial institution for details."

"If you ordered a fixed term membership the one time MEMBERSHIP FEE is for Our Services during the entire term of the membership, and will be automatically billed to your credit card (or debited from your checking account, if you authorized that option) after the free trial."

I wouldn't trust them or Vindale

Anonymous
Van Nuys, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2007 03:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bargain-Network-Bargain-Auto-Bargain-Home/Goleta-California-93117/Bargain-Network-Bargain-Auto-Bargain-Home-Read-the-Fine-Print-ripoff-Goleta-Californi-239388. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bargain Network - Bargain Auto - Bargain Home