Complaint Review: Bargain Network, Pricestore.com

• Submitted: Tue, March 11, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, March 11, 2008

• Reported By:Reno Nevada
Bargain Network, Pricestore.com
6330 Holister Ave Goleta, California U.S.A.

Bargain Network, Pricestore.com Deceptive and unscrupulous charging practices. Goleta California

Be careful when chosing to business with these folks. I signed up online and never received anything from them, not even a confirmation screen that my membership had gone through. Then they started charging my credit card. The rep that I talked to initially, who hopefully cancelled my account, said that they would give me access to all of the Bargain Network services if I wanted to try out their services.

When I responded that I never even received confirmation that I was enrolled in the one that they had me fill the form out for and the lack of confirmation alone makes me want to run, she said that putting my credit card in was the confirmation that I had accepted their terms & signed up. Addressing the user name and password, which I never received, she indicated that she would cancel my account and I had to talk to a supervisor.

After 2 calls to them (I kept getting disconnected) and about 30 minutes on hold, I got a hold of a Supervisor who originally would only credit back $15.95, advising me that since I had been a paying member for 3 days, I would forfiet the other 4.95. I completely explained the situation again, no confirmation, haven't received my user name and password, had no idea that I had successfully joined, didn't use their services, didn't feel that I wanted to after the way the customer service went and that he needed to refund the full amount.

Reluctantly and over threats of a lawsuit of some sort for deceptive practices(looking online there's a great number of people that have been swindled out of $20 or more) he refunded me all the $$. Now $4.95 really isn't that much to fight over, but it was the whole priciple that I got absolutely no benefit from that money, unless frustration and anger are now a benefit of doing business with someone.

While I was on hold, I thumbed around their website, there really isn't anything that you can get there that you don't have to research further and pay to get the additional info.. make sure to look over their services before your trial ends. I am glad that I didn't let them talk me into staying with them, what a waste of my time.

As I said, be careful when doing business with these guys. Read your T&C's very carefully. Research them on the net, I typed in Bargain Network Complaints on Google and got 123,000 hits, probably 10,000 are actually related to them, but still that's a pretty big number. They have an F rating with the BBB in their local area, though they are not technically a member, with 407 filled complaints in 36 months, most about their billing practices. They are not on BBBOnline.org. Which goes a long way to the creditability of the company and it's willingness to uphold the promises and good practices that the BBB inspires.

Kevin
Reno, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2008 11:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bargain-Network-Pricestorecom/Goleta-California/Bargain-Network-Pricestorecom-Deceptive-and-unscrupulous-charging-practices-Goleta-Cali-316878. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bargain Network, Pricestore.com