Complaint Review: Bargain Network

• Submitted: Mon, June 21, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, June 21, 2004

• Reported By:reading Pennsylvania
Bargain Network
California Dont Know, California U.S.A.

Bargain Network TRIED TO RIP ME OFF! California

My husband was job searching through our local newspaper when he came across an ad about POLICE SEIZED PROPERTY from $10. We decided to call 1(800)749-8107 EXT P552 A Man named Travis answered my call and seemed pretty nice. I asked him a few questions and he assured me that there is a 30 day trial and thereafter, it would cost me $9.95 per week for the membership.

I stated that I thought that was a little expensive and he stated that they provide other services too. I then asked if I wanted to cancel my membership, would I be able to call this same number, he said no. I would be provided a cancellation number for cutomer service. (I didn't like this idea much)

Then he preceeded to get my billing info. He got as far and my name, address and telephone number and the expiration date on my Visa card for $1.99 for shipping and handling of listings in Pa. I told him that I really wanted to discuss this with my husband before actually being billed for it. He was persisent and said "it's not necessary to call back, I can take the info now" And I kept stating that I would like to discuss this matter with my husband, but he kept repeating himself. Since I felt UNCOMFORTABLE I hung up.

There was another number listed in my local newspaper that I called too. It turned out to be the same company. The other number is 1(800)749-8104 EXT C790.

Although Travis said that our call was being recorded, for some strange reason I felt that they may have only recorded the billing info and not the whole conversation.

If you get a phone call or make a phone call to a company and they require you Credit/Debit card, PLEASE, PLEASE BE CAREFUL. IF YOU FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE ABOUT THE PERSON OR COMPANY, DO NOT GIVE OUT YOUR INFO. HANG UP AND CHECK OUT THAT COMPANY. THAT'S WHAT I DID, AND LOOK HOW MANY COMPLAINTS I FOUND UNDER THIS COMPANY. TEST THEM AND SEE IF THEY LET YOU CALL THEM BACK WITH THE INFO. IF THEY PERSIST AND DEMAND YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO, PLEASE HANG UP.

Lisa
reading, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2004 10:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bargain-Network/Dont-Know-California/Bargain-Network-TRIED-TO-RIP-ME-OFF-California-95745. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bargain Network