Complaint Review: Bargain Network

• Submitted: Tue, June 09, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, June 09, 2009

• Reported By:Sellersville Pennsylvania
Bargain Network
bargainnetwork.com OMAHA, Nebraska U.S.A.

Bargain Network THIEVES OMAHA Nebraska

I got an email from my ISP provider AOL who advertises these rip off artists.I signed up for a 7 day trial (7.95) is what they charged, and I used a prepaid card I use online (Greendot visa) as I never use a regular credit card online so I (ironically) do not get ripped off. Well, after having it charged and gaining access to their "bargain homes" site- I discovered that you did NOT get complete information from them- they wanted more and more money- a fee for every bit of information you asked for. I emailed them immediately and TOLD them NOT to charge my card further past the "seven day trial"- that it was NOT what they offered it to be- and that I would be checking my credit card statements monthly to make sure they DID NOT charge my card.

Today I checked. On June first they TRIED (and were rejected- it was declined because the charge of $49.80 (it's gone up 10 bucks since the other person posted) was not accepted- I did not have that much on my credit line at that point- and of course, did not expect the charge to be made since I'd cancelled it. Today I called Greendotonline.com and told them the charge was not authorized because they had tried again today (6/9) and it showed as "pending." They told me they could not remove it- unless I wrote them a letter of dispute and mailed it- and that I should "try to resolve this with the merchant first"- which of course I had- so I called "Bargain Network" and got another run around telling me I could "not cancel via email"- but what she "could do for me today is..." and I blew up. I told her about rip off reports and a lawyer who has a class action suit going for people who have All been ripped off by this company and charged without authorization month after month- and that they refuse to Stop charging our accounts- and AOL approves this company.

Here is the lawyer who is handling the class action:

Sharon
Sellersville, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2009 07:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bargain-Network/OMAHA-Nebraska/Bargain-Network-THIEVES-OMAHA-Nebraska-459940. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bargain Network