Complaint Review: Bargain Network.Com

• Submitted: Wed, January 03, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, January 03, 2007

• Reported By:stamford Connecticut
Bargain Network.Com
bargainnetwork.com Hollister, California U.S.A.

Bargain Network.Com ripoff Called and they wouldn't accept my cancellation Overbilling Hollister California

I went to bargain network.com and signed up for a foreclosed homes service. when i was online trying to cancel i then accidentally signed myself up for another service for reposessed cars. i finally found the number through my american express online bill which has details of the company on it. I called and waited each time 45 minutes. Finally when i reached someone he was arab and had a horrible accent. i said i want to cancel both services immediately. The b*****d kept trying to get me to keep it and to keep the subscription for the rest of the month and then call to cancel. I repeatedly told him NO CANCEL IT NOW!!!!

I must have said it 10 times. He finally said ok. 4 months later I actually took a look at my credit card bill. I had been being billed now for both services and it was never cancelled. So I called for a second time. I spoke to a very rude "sales manager" who told me she'd only give me 3 months back and to just accept it. She said she wasn't authorized to do any more months. I sat and argued with her for another half hour with her insisting that i called on the dates i said i did but that i had never cancelled and i must be wrong. I told her no way. I told her to get the recorded phone call of me saying that i didn't want to cancel. She said it would take a week. (I know people who work at call centers.

This process takes 5 minutes and is free of charge to anyone). I called american express and put a hold on all payments to them and disputed the 3 months as well. So I played along and called back one week later. It gets better. The phone call recording i had requested was never retrieved because of a "glitch" in the system. Then the sales manager told me he'd give me back all 4 months because I was so persistant. I said ok but i still want to hear the call. They wouldn't oblige. Either they dont tape them or they listened and knew they were wrong. Either way, this company blows. everything you find on this site can be found online for free on various other sites.

stamford, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2007 05:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bargain-NetworkCom/Hollister-California/Bargain-NetworkCom-ripoff-Called-and-they-wouldnt-accept-my-cancellation-Overbilling-Hol-228551. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bargain Network.Com