voters

• Submitted: Thu, September 15, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, September 15, 2005

• Reported By:Danville Illinois
Bargain.com Bargain Network AP9*
P. O. Box 8540 Goleta, California U.S.A.

Bargain.com Bargain Network AP9* ripoff, fraudulent billing, runaround on cell phone, cannot cancel Goleta California

*Author of original report: Phone call from Bargain Network

When looking for housing in Florida so that I can move there from Illinois, my son gave me the Bargain Network number for listing of government foreclosures. I called and signed up for the free 30 day trial ($1.95) on August 12, 2005. On September 3, I called the 800 number I was given on August 12 to cancel the free trial. I was given a confirmation number at that time. I followed this phone call with a cancellation notice (their own form) that I found in my worthless membership packet that I sent via USPS.

On September 13, 2005, my bank account was charged $39.80 for my monthly membership fee. When I discovered this today, I called Bargain Network. After a thirty minute wait on my cell phone, I was told that I had not cancelled my free trial on September 3. When I gave the cancellation number, I was told it was incomplete. I called back and after another thirty minute wait on the cell, I got a manager on the phone and told him I had cell phone records to prove I had called. He proceded to spend forty minutes hashing and rehashing my chain of events and transferring me here and there. I do not have my refund and from all accounts on this website, I can expect more and more problems. Why is this company allowed to take advantage of people? I am having a hard enough time finding housing... I don't need these problems with my bank account too.

Christy
Danville, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2005 10:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bargaincom-Bargain-Network-AP9/Goleta-California-93117/Bargaincom-Bargain-Network-AP9-ripoff-fraudulent-billing-runaround-on-cell-phone-cann-157173. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bargain.com Bargain Network AP9*

Phone call from Bargain Network

AUTHOR: Christy - (U.S.A.)

Just received a phone call from a quality service representative who has assured me of a full refund of my $39.80. Of course, reading other file reports, I don't intend to blindly go over my bank statements just in case one of the other AP9* companies get my debit card number. And I will post back when (if?) my refund is credited.