Complaint Review: Bargainnetwork Homes

• Submitted: Thu, July 10, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, July 10, 2008

• Reported By:Lanexa Virginia
Bargainnetwork Homes
www.Bargain.com/Homes Goleta, California U.S.A.

Bargainnetwork Homes give property report for forclosures, sign you up with others ESI and take $19.80 3Xs Goleta California

I was looking for a foreclosure in the Richmond, VA area to purchase. They did not send me any info. for a month. The first mo. costs, I think, $1.98. Then it goes to about $38.00 mo. I never got any info. in the first month and cancelled two days after the charge posted on my checking account.

Today, I looked at my checking statement online, and found 3 deductions for $19.80 to ESI*ESI one from ESI savings and ESI. The bank gave me their phone number: 800-444-9800. They said it was for a travel and eating out discount club that went with Bargain Network???? I will be refunded the $19.90 x3 in the next few days. I never saw anything that said I would pay this. I cancelled ESI and Bargain Network memberships and Bargain Network would only give me back $28 of the $38...pro-rated the refund.

In reading the info. I just received, it says the Bargain Network membership fee is $9.95 a week. They know that you will cancel, so they do it weekly to try to get an extra $10..before you notice it on your bank statement. If I did not use online banking, it could have taken a month to notice.

On the phone I was also promised a $50 Walmart gift card, never rec'd.
RIP OFF!

Cathy
Lanexa, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2008 02:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bargainnetwork-Homes/Goleta-California-93118/Bargainnetwork-Homes-give-property-report-for-forclosures-sign-you-up-with-others-ESI-and-349721. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bargainnetwork Homes