Complaint Review: Bark Busters Home Dog Training

• Updated: Fri, February 15, 2013

• Reported By: Sophiesmom27 — Haverhill Massachusetts United States of America
Bark Busters Home Dog Training
250 W. Lehow Avenue Englewood, CO 80110 Nationwide United States of America

Bark Busters Home Dog Training Liam Crowe Did not honor contract, agreed to repay portion of contract price but NEVER PAID, Nationwide

*UPDATE Employee: I can help you

*Author of original report: Contract details

*Consumer Comment: PleaBe Honest

Not honoring warranty, practically begging them to come. My dog requires a trainer immediately. Requested a trainer in June, still chasing an answer.

On 8/31/06, I purchased Bark busters training for $477 which includes a Lifetime guarantee which I have in writing that a therapist will return free of charge when needed. Since June, I have been attempting to get a trainer to my new address which is less than 10 miles from my old address. First, I was told there was no one within 60 miles and they would need to give me phone support or skype support. I explained this was not acceptable but agreed to TRY it. It worked initially for one issue which was a hallway walking issue. However, the issues are larger than that and I have expressed that to Liam and Sherri. My dogs issues have gotten worse. I have expressed this via telephone and via email to Bark Busters.

I did my own research and found 2 trainers both 39 miles from my home. I brought this information to Liam and Sherri and I've been told they would look into it. Then I am told, the trainer is not really in the town that they have stated on the website and it is farther away. I have offered to pay gas mileage to the trainer just to get someone out to my home. I should not have to pay a penny, as their guarantee states: "Bark Busters becomes your dog trainer for life, offering unique written lifetime of the dog guarantee which ensures clients peace of mind. There is no need to ever be concerned about the dogs further training. The gurantee provides that our licensed behavioral therapist will return free of charge should any problems ever arise. This guarantee follows the dog and remains in effect even if there is a move or if the dog has new owners"

After giving Bark busters a few weeks to contact their other trainers, I had to follow up yet again and over a 10 day period, sherri told me a trainer was going to be in contact with me and to giver her a week to get back to me...after a week, I phoned Sherri and she was surprised that I did not get a phone call and she told me to give it to Wednesday 8/22/12 to expect a call from the trainer as she was going to follow up again....It is now end of the day on Thursday 8/23 and I still have not heard anything.

My dog needed a trainer in June as I continue to get complaints in my apartment community. I would like my money refunded so that I can get training immediately. I have given Bark busters so many opportunities to make good on their guarantee and clearly, they cannot.

After all this, I opened a complaint with the BBB of Denver to see if they could help me get resolution. In January of 2013, Bark Busters agreed to refund me $100 towards a resolution. I AGREED to accept this and to move on and get a new trainer.  After 2 months, I never got the refund and reopened the BBB case.  BBB just closed the case and stated it was UNRESOLVED.  Company still has not honored their contract OR the resolution they agreed upon with the BBB.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2013 06:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bark-Busters-Home-Dog-Training/nationwide/Bark-Busters-Home-Dog-Training-Liam-Crowe-Did-not-honor-contract-agreed-to-repay-portion-1012556. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bark Busters Home Dog Training

I can help you

AUTHOR: RMBB - ()

Hello.  My name is Robert Machi.  I am a Bark Busters trainer in NYC.  I am in contact with the co-founders of Bark Busters who currently live in Australia and have just been made aware of your situation this week.  They have asked me to offer you a resolution that will completely satisfy you.  Please contact me directly.  My direct email is barkbustersnyc@gmail.com   Thank you.

Contract details

AUTHOR: Sophiesmom27 - (United States of America)

Your contract may be the updated version however, my contract which was faxed to all parties does not state that I will be charged for travel costs of a trainer.  My complaint is based on my contract which I purchased, i know they revamped the wording over the years so your may be much different.  The training was great when I could get it, this is not my complaint so please be clear.
They are not honoring the verbage which is written in MY contract. A contract is a contract and since it is a lifetime contract and I was never asked to resign an updated version, this is the base of my relationship with BarkBusters.

PleaBe Honest

AUTHOR: Showtime - (United States of America)

I have used Bark Busters and had great results.  I don't know where you came up with what you say their guarantee states, but I have the guarantee on my contract right in front of me and it is not as you indicated.
It does state, and all clients are asked to sign before fees are collected, that the "client agrees to train their dog...., to correct my dog in the act [of misbehavior] and to praise my dog immediately when the dog responds.  The client needs to agree to Set the scene as instructed, and if possible arrange for friends and neighbors to assist me.  It is a guarantee of support, not a guarantee of results.  If you don't do your homework, the training won't work.  Unfortunately, I think you were subject to unfortunate timing.  Liam in the process or returning to Australia, and the new Bark Busters management has not yet arrived from Australia.  They are a great company that really cares.  Give them another chance!  And be sure you have lived up to your part of the contract.