1. This company is selling consumer credit reports to people who are not in their system for collections. Everytime they run a report, the consumers credit score is then lowered, damaged, and shows that a collection agency has conducted an inquiry into their credit file.
They make it appear on the consumers credit report as if they are in collections. In essence, the consumer pays to have their credit score lowered.
They are violating several federal and state laws. The FCRA (1970), just for starters.
Their are in violation of their contracts with the credit bureaus who do not allow companies to sell the reports to consumers because that's how they make their money.
2. They will run debtors credit reports multiple times to intentionally damage the consumers credit report and lower their score as punishment.
3. They call consumers in all 50 states for collections, even though they are only licensed in Washington.
4. They collect debts from the consumer/debtor and keep the money (including fees) without paying their client. This violates many state laws and regulations. Also, if they are not paying their clients, then they are stealing the money from the consumer because it is not being used to pay the bill. FRAUD.
5. They take debtor information and then solicit bankrupty opportunities to them since they have priviledged information that they are in financial trouble. Once the consumer calls in to inquire about the bankruptcy, they take down that persons information (address, phone number, cell, work, relatives), they update their information and then sue them since they now know where they work.
6. This company is owned by Packie Plastino, Steve Hudson, Carolee Hudson, Ed Boress. You might remember these guys. A few years back they were investigated by the SEC for a pump and dump on the stock market. They stole millions from investors with their YOUBANKONLINE.com scam that was conducted by Ed Boress and Packie Plastino. The SEC shut down their bank scam operation, sent one person to jail, and fined them pretty severly.
7. Illegal Fees - Every time this company sues a debtor, they violate the law. They assess attorney fees for case preperation, though, they do it all in their company. The attorney doesn't prepare their suits, they do. But they go after the debtors for hundreds and thousands of dollars in "attorney fees".
8. This company will always settle any lawsuit that you throw at them. Quite simply put, a collection agency (particularly this one) has too much to loose not to settle. i.e. if they were to loose the case, they would open themselves to other suits, government investigations, FTC investigations, etc.
9. This company cannot even make payroll. They cannot pay their employees.
10. This company cannot pay it's bills. It has outstanding debts that are over a 100,000 dollars. Though this company breaks even every month. This places consumers in even greater risk to malicious activity because they are desperate for cash.
11. This company filed it's fraudulent tax return through Monson & Bass (accountants) based in Lynnwood, WA. last year.
12. If you conduct a search for the company on the state of washingtons website (access.wa.gov and select government, then secretary of state, then corporations, you can search for H & K Collections. When you do you will see the registered agent listed. This is one of the owners and acting president Steve Hudson.
13. This company when speaking to a debtor on the phone will refer to their account number as a "Case Number" to give the impression that they are related or affiliated with the government.
14. They will tell debtors that they will go to prison if they do not pay their bills.
15. False advertisement - They advertise that they have been in business for 20 years, though they opened in 1996, not even ten years ago.
16. They sell debtor contact information as marketing leads to companies that create phone and mailing lists.
17. They call debtors on their cell phones without permission everyday to collect debts. This is illegal becuase the debtor is then paying for the the phone call.
18. The company openly brags about not having to pay taxes for ten years.
19. The companies vice president Ed Boress openly brags about how he hasn't paid personal taxes for ten years. He is apparently part of some class action law suit against the IRS to evade taxes. - though he is still has to pay until the lawsuit is ruled on, but he doesn't.
20. This company launders money in and out of 5 different bank accounts, one of which is a church account. The representative of the church that authorizes this scam is Brent Hudson - the presidents son. The church is also located in Lynnwood, WA.
21. This company assesses an illegal additional $40.00 fee to every NSF check that they collect.
Their fees are as such:
Bad check writting fee: $38.00
Processing Fee: $40.00
service fee: $20.00
miscilaneous fees and charges: $10.00
Payment acceptance fee: $7.00
Plus the balance of the check.
U.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Attorneys and Lawyers