Complaint Review: Barkleys Bank Of Deleware - Juniper MasterCard

Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.
  • Phone: 866-283-6635
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Barkleys Bank Of Deleware - Juniper Bank Barkleys Bank Of Deleware - Juniper MasterCard Deceptive Banking Practices, Misrepresentation, Bate & Switch Interest Decete Wilmington Delaware

*Author of original report: NOV UPDATE

I am one of the many Americans, a single mother, in a financial crunch due to government lack of oversight and mortage/refinance deceptive practices. While trying to clean up and pay what I owe rather than giving up and declare bankruptcy, I get "hit" yet again. Wall Street gets bailed out, I keep paying a heavy price.

Juniper Bank sent notice of a 15 month interest free card. Great, I'll combine two of the four I owe and try to get a bit ahead buy putting the interest I would pay the other cards toward this payment.

I applied on line and before I was given a credit line I was prompted to write the two cards I would like to pay off. It was stated that Juniper would not transfer more than my credit limit. That was a lie! Once they added the fees for the ballance transfers I was $17.50 over my limit being charged an over the limit fee and an unknown default interest fee for the life of my ballance.

I discovered all of this two weeks before my first statement has even been sent. Called the bank that same day, waited for 30 minutes to speek to a barely english speaking non-american customer service supervisor.

After stating my case and telling Norman, the supervisor, I would make a $100 payment via bank transfer that night he told me in his very thick accent, not to worry he would monitor my account and their would be no over limit fee or interest.

I made it quite plain I expected this account to remain in good standing as originally laid out by their offer. He agreed it would.

While on hold for those 30 minutes I also sent an email to which the reply was;

my account was being monitored and the over the limit fee would be removed; however, interest rates and finance charges will remain. They futher wrote "Currently, you are $17.50 over your credit limit and we suggest you make a payment of at least $235 to ensure when your fees and finance charges post to your account your balance would be below your credit line avoiding an over limit fee from posting to your November statement."

Fees, Finance Charges will indeed post to my account according to this last communication. I am amazed this bank is still in business opperating on such deceptive practices taking advantage of reasonable and prudent customers.

Where id Washington, the FDIC, and the like who are to be monitoring business like this? This is not new but the other reports I have read, to bad I didn't do my homework first.

Cindy
MARIETTA, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2008 09:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Barkleys-Bank-Of-Deleware-Juniper-MasterCard/Wilmington-Delaware-19899-8802/Barkleys-Bank-Of-Deleware-Juniper-Bank-Barkleys-Bank-Of-Deleware-Juniper-MasterCard-De-378475. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Barkleys Bank Of Deleware - Juniper MasterCard

NOV UPDATE

AUTHOR: Cindy - (U.S.A.)

I notified the Delaware BBB and with their assistance received a reply form the bank stating there would be no over limit fees or finance charges. Received my first statement and guess what??? There it was a $39.00 over limit fee. Maybe I chalk this up to incompetence? I made another report to the BBB and the fee was removed.

I spent a great deal of time and effort to handle this situation and wonder how many don't know what or how to do the same and are "ripped off"?

I learned homework first, protect yourself you can't trust the institutions.