Complaint Review: Barnes Bloom and Associates

• Updated: Fri, December 14, 2012

• Reported By: qmegan — Auburn Indiana United States of America
Barnes Bloom and Associates
Moussouri and New York Missouri, Missouri United States of America

Barnes Bloom and Associates Scammers Posing as Lawyers Threatening to Put me in Jail in 45 minutes if the debt was not paid Missouri, Missouri

A random person called my grandparent (unsure of how they were related to me) and told them I had an old debt that had to be paid in full in one day or I would be arrested on two felony charges of bank fraud.

When my grandparents got ahold of me and notified me of the situation, I called "Marcia Rodrigez" back to be told I had 45 minutes to get the FULL payment of $700 to her through moneygram. I told her I do not have that kind of money, and she transferred me to her "boss." He then said he had a special program for people like me in finacial hardship, and would accept 1/3 of the payment upfront and I had 30 days to pay the rest.

I was so worked up and pressured for time, I actually went to Walmart with the $208.50 they claimed would halt the case in court. While filling out the form, I got serious second thoughts (she was calling continously) and finally answered to tell her I had only been able to borrow exactly 200, and there would be a fee to send it so I was short. This payment was to go through a company called  Vantage Point Services. She replied with "thats okay, just knock a few bucks off, $185 should do it."

I asked the lady behind the counter if this payment could be tracked to where it would be picked up. She eventually talked me out of sending the money because others have been coming in with the same concern and same company.

I went back to the origional company the debt was owed to and they knew it was a scamm in the first 5 seconds of the story. YOU CAN NOT GO TO JAIL FOR A CIVIL MATTER UNLESS YOU MISS COURT FOR THE MATTER. They informed me NO lawyer for them would ever say such rude things to a customer, besides the fact that they sell old debts to collection agencies, not lawyers!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2012 01:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Barnes-Bloom-and-Associates/Missouri-Missouri-/Barnes-Bloom-and-Associates-Scammers-Posing-as-Lawyers-Threatening-to-Put-me-in-Jail-in-4-982170. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Barnes Bloom and Associates