Complaint Review: Barnes & Noble

Barnes & Noble

Barnes & Noble Defective NOOK Color, B&N won't replace Internet

*Consumer Comment: Nook Color had issues from day one

*General Comment: WARRANTY COVERAGE

Less than 2 years ago, my husband purchased a Nook Color for me for my birthday. In the last few months, I have been having a lot of trouble with it.

I took it into the store for help 3 times, and called their customer support 2 times. I also e-mailed them.

In all instances, the person dealing with me had me deregister and reregister my Nook, and then do a Factory Reset.

I had purchased apps for the Nook. Some of them downloaded, some of them would not download. After the factory resets, at least 2 of the apps I had that did work prior to the reset would no longer work. Because I was past the warranty period, they only offered to let me purchased one at a reduced price. This would have been ok if I had caused the problem, but B&N determined that my Nook was defective.

At first I only requested a refund for the apps that would no longer work, but they kept telling me they didn't fully understand the issue, and I needed to call customer support AGAIN. I finally ran out of patience, and said I wanted a new unit, since the defect was not caused by me. They have since stopped communicating with me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2012 12:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Barnes-Noble/internet/Barnes-Noble-Defective-NOOK-Color-BN-wont-replace-Internet-983099. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Barnes & Noble

Nook Color had issues from day one

AUTHOR: Kade L - (United States of America)

When a company produces a product - they should stand behind it. I had almost identical issues lambie37! Not only did I have the same issues - but I had to call the president of B&N in order to get any help!

Additionally, I had magazines pop up on my nook I didn't order - and because they don't bill using any easily identified method - you have a zillion credit charges in 1, 2 and 5 increments - hard to know what I paid for and worse - that they may charge me for something someone else got.

In response to  Bubba Lee - REd Deer (Canada). Grow up? is this what you think ethical business is about? It is not. Barnes & Noble knowingly sold products that were not ready for market (i was told as much by one of the many support people I worked with).

Flash forward to my 2.5 years of owning Nook Color - & I now have no battery, nor a way to change it...B&N is disappointing.

#2 General Comment

WARRANTY COVERAGE

AUTHOR: Bubba Lee - (Canada)

The warranty ran out by your own admission.

The book broke. Warranty has expired.

Done

That they have tried to give over the phone tech help is much much more than they had to do.

Grow Up