Complaint Review: Barnes and Nobel

• Submitted: Tue, August 21, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, August 21, 2012

• Reported By: Danise — Miami Florida USA
Barnes and Nobel

Barnes and Nobel Rip Off Artists - Con Men - Inept - Worst Customer Service EVER , Internet

Do NOT shop at Barnes and Nobel's website.  I ordered an Algebra textbook for my daughter and got it for half price!!!  I was so excited that I saved $100. well, the book arrived and lo and behold, its a SPANISH book.  I called and spoke to a representative who explained that before they could send out the correct book, I had to first send back the wrong book.  I them spoke to a supervisor who told me she would send out the correct book immediately.  I spend over 30 minutes on the phone with her and then she says, Oh, sorry, we don't have the book in stock anymore.  I told her that she needed to make this right as I would now have to pay $200 for the book from another seller.  She told me there was nothing she could do for me.

I hung up and called back and spoke to another supervisor who told me that yes, they had one more book in stock and she would send it out immediately.  Wow, what service, I LOVE Barnes and Nobel, right?  Nooooooo.  We just got the book today and guess what?  That's rightk, its the WRONG book again!!!!

I called the supervisor who is oh, so sorry, about this whole mess, but there are no more books and they have had my money for over three weeks now and it will take another month to refund the money to my debit card and I have to put out another $200 to buy the book from another seller.

Barnes and Nobel, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

You need to learn about customer service and how to make things right.

I will NEVER shop there again and I will tell everyone I come across what happened to me and encourage them to shop elsewhere so they will not get ripped off too.

What a SCAM.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2012 06:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Barnes-and-Nobel/internet/Barnes-and-Nobel-Rip-Off-Artists-Con-Men-Inept-Worst-Customer-Service-EVER-Intern-930599. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Barnes and Nobel