• Report: #1071994

• Reported By: JK — Hampstead New Hampshire
Baron's Major Appliance
33 South Broadway Salem, New Hampshire USA

Baron's Major Appliance Service Warning! Salem New Hampshire

I need to state that I wasn't "ripped off" in the usual sense because no money was exchanged.  However I was short-changed on service when I was expecting a huge housefull of company.

It took me a week and a half to get an appoinment for sevice for my range, still in time to have it fixed before company arrived.  I had had an earlier version of this product and knew exactly what was wrong and what part was defective. The scheduler agreed as the range has a history of problems with this component. The service person arrived on schedule, took a look at my unit and agreed that I was right. I said, "OK, put the new piece in." He said, "Oh, no, I call them and they will have to order it." I explained my plight, asked if he could grab one from a floor model until the new one arrived and he said he wasn't allowed to do that.

I called Baron's service imediately and the "customer service" rep proceeded to start a lecture on their policy. When I raised my voice, no profanity, she quickly transferred me to "Scott's" voicemail. I left a message and Scott called back. He began his lecture on policy and I politley asked him not to waste our time as it wouldn't solve my problem. He appeared to be in love with his own voice and wouldn't stop his lecture about how they have to send a technician out first or the manufacturer won't pay them He suggested that this was the case with many other manufacturers as he said he had "customers all the time that were upset because we didn't have the part".

Short story is, if you bought an appliance from Baron's and it needs a manufacturer's part to fix it, it will take at least two visits and 3-4 (hopefully) weeks.  That means you have to take time out of your schedule to have a repair visit where nothing gets repaired.

I'm shopping elsewhere next time.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2013 06:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Barons-Major-Appliance/Salem-New-Hampshire/Barons-Major-Appliance-Service-Warning-Salem-New-Hampshire-1071994. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Baron's Major Appliance