Complaint Review: Barricks Tire Sales

• Submitted: Sat, March 03, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, December 09, 2009

• Reported By:Newbloomfield Pennsylvania
Barricks Tire Sales
455 Center Road Newville, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Barricks Tire Sales Rude and inconsiderate people ripoff Newville Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: That's not the name...

*Consumer Comment: One bad experience, does not a "ripoff" make.

*Consumer Comment: They are not for the weak of heart...

I went to get 2 tires for my car on Friday and was greeted by a rude tire mechanic. He had us pull in and asked how many tires i wanted, so i looked at my tires and i was trying to figure out witch ones were bad, then he said "Hurry up so we can get started!" I have to remind you that this guy is the owners son.

It was only 10 sec when i started looking at the car, when he said that. Then when they did start working on the car, He took off the tire and ripped out the valve for the tire and sprayed dust and dirt all over my wife and child and me! There were no signs saying we could not be in the shop, and when i told the lady at the counter she said "You should have not been in there" and i said i had to be the one to pull my car in the shop, so we had to be in there at least to get out.

I wasnt threating to sue or any thing, but that guy needs his a** kicked! I didnt say that to her but i sure feelt like kicking his a**! She basicly stuck up for the guy and didnt even give me a discount! I will never go back to these cheap a**es again! And i dont recommend anyone to that place! You might accidentally
get run over by redneck tire mechanic "whos the owners son" and get hurt or killed!

Scott
Newbloomfield, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2007 05:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Barricks-Tire-Sales/Newville-Pennsylvania-17241/Barricks-Tire-Sales-Rude-and-inconsiderate-people-ripoff-Newville-Pennsylvania-237929. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Barricks Tire Sales

That's not the name...

AUTHOR: What? - (USA)

just to let you know the owner of Barricks name is not John. I think you are thinking of Righi's garage in Newville. Two different places. Also....there are signs clearly displayed that says that patrons are not permitted in the shop. When I get my tires done they ask you to wait upstairs in the store and even bring your vehicle up to you when it's finished. I think they do a great job for a reasonable price.

One bad experience, does not a "ripoff" make.

AUTHOR: FairMom - ()

I was surprised to read such a review for Barricks.  I've been living here for over 8 years and have made many, many tire purchases from Barricks over the years.  I must say that Barricks has a policy that is posted and has always been posted about customers waiting upstairs.  I've never been allowed to stay in the garage area in all of my visits.   In addition, these are country folks.  They don't rush anything.  Again, I've been going to that shop for years and have never had one bad experience.  Perhaps the owner's son was having a bad day, but one bad experience does not a ripoff make.  They are fast, friendly and reliable with some of the lowest prices around.  I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone who might need tires.

They are not for the weak of heart...

AUTHOR: Aidan - (USA)

I have been going to Barrick's for around 15 years, so I have learned to live with some of the quarks [of buying from a "barn" in the out-skirts of Newville].

The owner, John, is okay and quite pleasant at times, but the "son" appears to border on the "deliverance" type personality. However, I have learned to live with the oddities due the significant savings I receive each time I visit.  I run much larger tires on my SUV and Barrick's prices rival any other local dealer by an average savings of 30% - 40%.  Again, savings enough to not even ask and already pretty much know the price before replacing my worn tires.  I have learned over the years what my type of tires cost at Barrack's.  But they will offer you whatever tire that fits your budget or car, just ask them for a range of tires.

So I can honestly say they offer some true savings on most every tire in their inventory, but please keep in mind they are not a retail chain.  If you drive out there expecting a NTB, Sears or Goodyear type environment, you will be sorely mistaken once you pull in the driveway.  The business sets atop an old "tractor grave-yard" and caters to heavy equipment, but they also stock tires for almost every engine-driven vehicle on the planet.

Moral of the story...  If you want to save a fair amount of money and you're able to leave your politically correct demeanor at your house, take a drive and save some money.  If you roll out there is a tuxedo and act like a d****e bag; well, then, good luck to you.  I'm sure you've all seen Deliverance in your day...  : )