Complaint Review: Barrister Global Services

• Updated: Fri, January 27, 2012

• Reported By: Will — Irvington New Jersey United States of America
Barrister Global Services
14042 Barrister Way 70403 Hammond, LA, Louisiana United States of America

Barrister Global Services Amanda Gerkin Barrister Global Services - Does not want to me pay over $600 dollars of work. Hammond, LA, Louisiana

*UPDATE Employee: Dear Discruntled Technician,

I had worked 14 plus jobs with Barrister Global Services, after that I came to one more work order in Jersey City NJ. I went there to fix a laptop and replace a system motherboard. I was given a eta window of 3-5 to be there. So I could of showed up at 4:30 or 4:50pm and that would be considered a 3-5pm window guideline. However I showed up at 3:00 and started working at 3:30 pm.. After about 40 mins into working on the laptop and I had taken it fully apart, the client tells me he has to leave at 4:50 for me to hurry up. He then asked me how long is this going to take. I told him well I just finished taking it apart so putting this back together is not my only task. I have to tatoo the motherboard as well. This process would have taken at least another 1 hour and a half. he tells me well I can't want I have to leave because he has a 5:00 pm train to catch. I asked the client if can I work on the laptop and leave it for a manager. He says to me no this place closes down at exactly 5pm and every one is out the door and everything is locked up. I call Barrister and explain the situation to them and they tell me ok they will reschedule and send another tech out mind you I have all of this recorded on audio. The case manager calls me up not longer then 30 minutes later to ask me if I can come back in tomorrow morning the next day. I told them I can't because I have two work orders from Barrister to complete the next morning. The case managers furiously says OK angry voice mind you and hangs up on me.

Next thing I know I am getting three different emails from Amanda Gerkins stating that I will be charged $400 dollars for the laptop. Then a second email going up to $600 then one last email going up to $1000. and I stopped getting paid and my RFS were not verified. No notification whatsoever. They are attempting to say that I was a no show for the client. If I was a no show then how in the world did I get there? The security guard kindly gave me the logs of when I signed in and again get in the habit of recording audio people. This company takes advantage of you they make you sit there for hours and hours fixing printers and then when the time comes they just want to pay you a flat rate. Hence in my situation they made me troubleshoot a printer for 7 hours on a printer and did not want to pay me for it. So they made up a story and quickly terminated me. Also the Case manager did not want to pay me for showing up to work on the laptop the day I went in.

This company is a fraud and they don't even reimburse tolls gas mileage or parking. I had to pay parking as well to get to that job. Stay away from this company. I am not hesitating to take my evidence and filing a lwsuit against this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2011 03:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Barrister-Global-Services/Hammond-LA-Louisiana-70403/Barrister-Global-Services-Amanda-Gerkin-Barrister-Global-Services-Does-not-want-to-me-804269. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Barrister Global Services

Dear Discruntled Technician,

AUTHOR: Barrister Administration - (United States of America)

As a long standing corporation, in business for over 35 years, we take pride in a successful and ethical operation. Thousands of technicians and hundreds of customers enjoy long-standing, successful relationships with Barrister. If a technician has a concern involving payment, he/she should email payissues@barrister.com. If a customer or vendor has a concern, he/she should contact management via our company website www.barrister.com. Amanda was doing her job. According to our records and pictures, you left the laptop in pieces and could not return to fix it. Barrister representatives speak with every technician who is assigned a job. The rate is offered verbally. Once the technician accepts the rate, the technician is emailed dispatch paperwork where the rate is clearly specified. That paperwork including the rate serves as the agreement between Barrister and the technician. Technicians are urged to review the paperwork prior to performing the service and to immediately contact our dispatch team upon receipt of paperwork if there are any questions, concerns or if the rate is not clearly stated or different from what the technician agreed upon. Once the tech has accepted the rate, and performed the work, Barrister is unable to adjust the rate as we have dispatched the work to the tech at a rate at which we may bill our customer.