Complaint Review: Barristers of Ohio, LLC

• Updated: Thu, September 15, 2011

• Reported By: Unhappy Soldier — Norton Ohio United States of America
Barristers of Ohio, LLC
2603 West Market St. Akron, Ohio United States of America

Barristers of Ohio, LLC Dawyn Small Overcharged, Underserviced, and passing the blame. UNPROFESSIONAL! Akron, Ohio

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: My side of the story

My wife and I recently used Barristers of Ohio and their representative (Dawyn Small) for title transfer in the sale of our home. The usual paperwork and alike was completed, to include a $10 wire transfer fee. When they transferred the money to our account it was minus $45 instead of just $10 for the wire fee. After calling Ms. Small of Barristers, she stated that it was our bank that took the additional $35 out of our account and that there is nothing she or Barristers can do. Our bank stated that our type of account does not charge us an additional incoming wire transfer fee, and that the communications/instructions within the wire transfer that came from Barristers and their servicing bank (Key Bank) asked our bank to take the $35 dollars from the transfer. Our bank representative agreed to talk to Ms. Small/Barristers and help them understand what they did and why we were charged an additional $35. During the conversation, Ms. Small refused to listen to our bank rep and then hung up on him. I sat there and listened to how he spoke to her, he was polite and professional, however Ms. Small was loud, unpolite and would not listen to him, then hung up.

Ms. Small and Barristers does not care about their customers and has a very limited understanding of wire transfers, which is strange because they are of course "title work experts". Apparently, they have my money and don't care about the way they conduct themselves in a business evironment let alone trying to help me, the customer resolve a problem. BRAVO! This title company will take your money, deny it, and will care less about helping you resolve an issue. It is all about them, and not the customer, remember this if a real estate agent suggests using them! Decide not to use Barristers in your next home closing, it will save a lot of money and headaches! There are a lot more Title companies out there that will care and give you professional services and customer service, especially in this home selling crisis!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2011 01:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Barristers-of-Ohio-LLC/Akron-Ohio-44333/Barristers-of-Ohio-LLC-Dawyn-Small-Overcharged-Underserviced-and-passing-the-blame-UNP-758572. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Barristers of Ohio, LLC

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

My side of the story

AUTHOR: Ms Small - (United States of America)

When I learned of this extra charge taken out of the wire I processed I suggested they contact their bank directly because in the past, other customers banks have also charge an Incoming wire fee when receiving wires.  I made several phone calls to the customers bank and then called their 800 automated wire line and it verified that the amount I wired was the amount that was received by the customers bank. I then proceeded to call the customers wire department to get to the bottom of it.  They informed me while they did not charge a "incoming wire fee" they do have some kind of electronic transmission fee when dealing with outside banks of $35.00.    While this was not an extra fee from Barrister's bank to resolve this matter we did return the $10 wire fee that Barristers charged along with the $35.00 that the customers bank charged.  There was nothing more that could be done.

I then was informed that he threatend to burn down the company I worked at. Obviously this customer was not going to be happy no matter what.