Complaint Review: Barron's Magazine

• Submitted: Tue, February 17, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, February 17, 2009

• Reported By:Lamberton Minnesota
Barron's Magazine
200 Liberty Street, 9th Floor New York, New York U.S.A.

Barron's Magazine Barron's TV Ad - Ripoff New York New York

There were ads running for Barron's Magazine on KDLT TV in Sioux Falls, South Dakota in November - advertising 8 weeks of Barron's for $19.95. When I called the 800 number they upsold me 52 weeks for $52. About a month ago I get a subscription renewal form telling me that my subscription expires in April. I called and they told me that my subscription was only 4 months! The other problem I had was that they charged my credit card twice - I had to call and get that straightened out in December. I have subscribed to Barron's before and have never had any problems. The number that the TV ad had went to a call center - which tells me that another company was running this promotion. I wish I knew who they were. I don't have a recording of the conversation because I didn't expect to get screwed by Barron's!

Chuck
Lamberton, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2009 04:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Barrons-Magazine/New-York-New-York-10281/Barrons-Magazine-Barrons-TV-Ad-Ripoff-New-York-New-York-425265. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Barron's Magazine