grown

• Submitted: Thu, December 07, 2000
  • Updated: Thu, December 07, 2000

• Reported By:Minneapolis MN
Barry W. Black, Golden Eagle Enterprises
6008 VISTA AVE Sacramento, California U.S.A.

Scammed on E-Bay

I won an E-bay auction from a man named Barry W. Black of Golden Eagle Enterprises in California. The Auction was for a network hub sold as is and the winning bid was $6.50. The Auction stated that buyer was to pay actual shipping. I then received an e-mail asking for $16.50 which included a $2 "packaging fee"

It took three e-mails and the threat of negative feedback to get any responce out of this guy. He told me his mail system was down and rather rudely suggested that his unexpected charge was reasonable, but I did not have to pay. I decided to split it and paid him via PayPal. In about a week I got no responce and started the e-mail thing again. On a third e-mail I got a form letter saying his mother was in intensive care. I waited some more. Finally, after a month and a half I got his phone number and called him. I talked to him and this time he apologized profusely and said that he was in the hospital himself. He also told me that he would send the item if he had to walk to UPS. In two weeks I still had nothing.

His phone does not answer now and the e-mail address comes back as nonexistent. It is too late to leave E-Bay feedback about this transaction, but my complaints combined with other negative feedback got him suspended.

He has my money, I have no merchandise. Either he is the unluckiest bastard I have ever seen or the biggest liar. I more inclined to think the latter.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Barry-W-Black-Golden-Eagle-Enterprises/Sacramento-California-95824/Scammed-on-E-Bay-3994. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Barry W. Black, Golden Eagle Enterprises