Complaint Review: Barton Carpets And Flooring

• Submitted: Fri, June 05, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, December 14, 2012

• Reported By:deptford New Jersey
Barton Carpets And Flooring
47 West Browning Rd Bellmawr, New Jersey U.S.A.

Barton Carpets And Flooring installed defective poor craftsmenship poor sales men Bellmawr New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: Satisfied Customer

*Consumer Comment: Satisfied Customer

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Bartons did nothing wrong

*Author of original report: bad salesman and owner

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Why did you wait to report the hole?

I HAVE A CARPET IN MY LIVING ROOM THAT BARTONS INSTALLERS DID CUT A HOLE IN MY CARPET THE CARPET IS ONLY 5 YRS OLD THEY ALSO CHARGED ME FOR THE TACK BOARD I THOUGHT THEY DID CHARGE U FOR THEM ITS SUPPOSED TO BE WALL TO WALL CARPET WHEN I CALLED THERE SALESMEN HE TOOK A SAMPLE OF MY CARPET AND NEVER CALLED ME BACK THE CARPET WAS CHEAP QUALITY IF I KNEW THEY WAY THIS COMPANY WAS I WOULD OF NEVER BOTHERED CALLING IM DISAPPOINTED IN THE WAY SALESMEN DID HAVE THE CARPET DONE OVRER AGAIN WHEN I SHOWED HIM THE HOLE THE INSTALLERS CUT IN IT PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM BARTON CARPETS

L.cresta
deptford, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2009 05:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Barton-Carpets-And-Flooring/Bellmawr-New-Jersey-08031/Barton-Carpets-And-Flooring-installed-defective-poor-craftsmenship-poor-sales-men-Bellmaw-459025. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Barton Carpets And Flooring

Satisfied Customer

AUTHOR: Jeffrey O''Connor - (United States of America)

As a satisfied customer of Barton Carpets, I find this complaint frivolous and worthy of criticism. I am a very satisfied customer of Barton Carpets. As a General Contractor, it would be unlikely that I would hire any other flooring contractor in the area. Unfortunately in todays digital age, anyone can make a baseless claim from their couch without an consequences. John's attempt to satisfy this customers complaints far exceeded what I or most other reasonable contractors would do. For anyone considering this claim, ask yourself a few questions:

1. Would even a layman be able to tell the difference between a hold created by an animal and a hole cut by an installer?

2. Why would the customer wait 4 years before claiming an installer made cuts in a carpet?

3. If you had a five year old carpet with a new hole in it and the contractor offered you 50% compensation, would you think that was good service.

Our Firm will continue using Barton for our flooring needs. We hope you will too.

Best Regards,

Jeffrey M O'Connor

Chief Estimator

jeffrey.m.oconnor@gmail.com

Satisfied Customer

AUTHOR: Jeffrey O''Connor - (United States of America)

satisfied customer of Barton Carpets. As a General Contractor, it would be unlikely that I would hire any other flooring contractor in the area. Unfortunately in todays digital age, anyone can make a baseless claim from thier couch without an consequences. John's attempt to satify this customers complaints far exceeded what I or most other reasonable contractors would do. For anyone considering this claim, ask yourself a few questions:

Best Regards,

Jeffrey M O'Connor
Chief Estimator
jeffrey.m.oconnor@gmail.com

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Bartons did nothing wrong

AUTHOR: john barton - (USA)

Ms. Cresta we did everything possible. There is no reason to talk negatively about Bartons and its employees.  The sample that was taken from your carpet was sent to the manufacture, and they denied your claim.  Your carpet was installed over 5 years ago and we were made aware of the holes about 10 months ago. ???  John Barton even offered to pay for half of new carpeting for you, to keep you happy.  It was not our fault your carpet had holes in it after 4 years!  But John offered you new carpeting at half price.  He did not have to do that, he was trying to keep you, the customer, happy even though it was not our fault.

bad salesman and owner

AUTHOR: L.cresta - (U.S.A.)

IVE TRIED TO RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM.MY K-9 DID NOT PUT THOSE HOLES IN THE CARPET.JOHN BARTON IS LIAR HIS SALESMAN DAN IS A LIAR TOO THEY JUST DONT WANT TO ADMIT IT WAS THEIR FAULT THE WAY THE CARPET IS DAN TOOK A SAMPLE AND NEVER GET BACK TO US ON IT,I CALLED AND SPOKE TO JOHN BARTON HE IS A REAL IGNORANT AND BAD PERSON IS THIS THE WAY THEY SHOULD TREAT THEIR CUSTOMERS A REAL CARPET BUSINESS IS OUT TO MAKE CUSTOMERS HAPPY NOT SPIT IN THEIR FACE,I FEEL REAL DISRESPECTED I MADE A BIG MISTAKE DEALING WITH BARTON CARPETS I WOULD LIKE ONE DAY TO HAVE THEM GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK.LINDA CRESTA

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Why did you wait to report the hole?

AUTHOR: john barton - (United States of America)

First, as I understand, it was your K-9 family member who put a hole in your carpet, not the installers.   And second, if it was the installers who put the hole there why did you wait 4 years to call the company and tell them about the hole?  If this was addressed as soon as the carpet was installed, it would have been taken care of.    And lastly, you chose the carpet, not Bartons.  It was your choice to go with a cheaper, lower grade carpet.  Best Regards!!