plot

• Updated: Wed, July 09, 2008

• Reported By:Winder Georgia
Baseline Financial Services
3750 Keele Street Maple, Ontario Canada

Baseline Financial Services - Consumer Clearing House Sweepstakes Notification of winning $60,000.00 USD Maple Ontario

On July 9, 2008 I received notification from Baseline Financial Services' Promotion Manager Kenneth J. Cial that I was declared a winner by Consumers Clearing House Sweepstakes held on May 25, 2008. I had won $60,000.00 and the letter included a check for $4,950.00 with instructions. I was to deposit the check in my bank and keep $2,050.00 and send the other $2,900.00 to Laci Harris at 3750 Keele Street, Maple, Canada by way of western union or money gram from Wal*Mart. The $2,900.00 was designated to take care of all "fees and taxes" from the winnings. If I had any problems I was to contact Rose Peterson at 1-905-598-6385. I had 10 days to claim the rest of my winnings ($55,050.00) and it would be sent to me by courier within 48 hours after my claim agent (Laci Harris) received the $2,900.00.

The Official Check in the amount of $4,950.00 was drawn from Deseret First Credit Union out of Salt Lake City, Utah. I forwarded the whole mess to the Credit Union's Security Director for investigation.

Normally I forward similar scams to the FBI, IC3 Unit via email. I felt obligated to the credit union involved to forward it to them for their review/action.

Ernie
Winder, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2008 08:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Baseline-Financial-Services/Maple-Ontario-M4I7W5/Baseline-Financial-Services-Consumer-Clearing-House-Sweepstakes-Notification-of-winning-349113. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Baseline Financial Services