Complaint Review: Basic Car Parts of Monroe Louisiana

Basic Car Parts of Monroe Louisiana Monroe, Louisiana United States of America
  • Phone: 18772591938
  • Web:
  • Category:

Basic Car Parts of Monroe Louisiana Sent the wrong parts for my Toyota Sienna LTD AWD Sideview mirror and charged me for the restocking fee Monroe, Louisiana

*Consumer Comment: TOYOTA AND GENERAL MOTORS HAVE BEEN NAMED IN A LAWSUIT....

I busted passenger side mirror fro my Toyota sienna LTD AWD; It is a specialty mirror with integrated turn signal, memory, and heated. I spent considerable time  with Stacy Hatten of Basic Car parts making sure that she understood what I needed and informing her that if the part didnot fit my van, I would be able to return it without any charges. I also gave her the OEM part# from Toyota thta would fit my VIN#. She called back after 2 days and told me that she located the part for me and I agreed to $200 price; once again making sure that it was returnable without any fees if it did not quite meet my specifications.

I received the part after 2 days and lo and behold. it was a basic garden variety sideview mirror that I could have bought for under $50. When I called her to complain, she propmtly passed me on to the famous "Jim" charitably described in other ripoff reports as country bumpkin. He palyed around the same game like: will call you back soon; computer down etc. etc. I did get him to agree that he woould refund me fully.

After a week I got my RMA and shipping label and a week after that I got my refund minus 10% restocking fee. When I called to complain, I was put thru' the usual jerking around.

I will never buy from these guys again. Jim seems to think that he can rip people off at will.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2010 05:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Basic-Car-Parts-of-Monroe-Louisiana/Monroe-Louisiana-/Basic-Car-Parts-of-Monroe-Louisiana-Sent-the-wrong-parts-for-my-Toyota-Sienna-LTD-AWD-Sid-563263. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Basic Car Parts of Monroe Louisiana

TOYOTA AND GENERAL MOTORS HAVE BEEN NAMED IN A LAWSUIT....

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

can be 'Googled'.

*Anyone can 'Google' this- TOYOTA AND GENERAL MOTORS HAVE BEEN NAMED IN A LAWSUIT, and read the November 2007 article on the web about how managers at a plant in California shared by Toyota & GM were allegedly covering-up "defect reports", correct?

Don't forget to 'Google' this- TOYOTA TWITTER SLUDGE, and join in on the conversation, okay?

Thank You.

**************************SHORT POEM ALERT*******************************

Hickery dickery dock

Keep watching Toyota's stock

It'll continue to plunge

Hurry quick get the sponge

Hickery dickery dock.