Complaint Review: Basic Communications - Sprint-Nextel

• Submitted: Sun, February 12, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, March 02, 2006

• Reported By:alma Michigan
Basic Communications - Sprint-Nextel
222 N. Mission St. Mt. Pleasant, Michigan U.S.A.

Basic Communications - Sprint-Nextel Poor Customer Service Withholding Information That Cost Me Money Lying Mt. Pleasant Michigan

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Sprint-Nextel Cell Service is Trouble!

I went to Basic Communications on Friday 2/3/2006 to get a cell phone. I paid my deposit and phone charge on my debit card and was told that when my phone came in on Monday 2/6/2006 I would then call Sprint/Nextel and set-up my account.

I called Basic Communications on 2/6/2006 and told them that I had changed my mind and did not want the service and for them to please back-out the debit card charge. I was told that I needed to come pick-up the phone and mail it back to Sprint/Nextel at my expense and that they would credit my debit card when they received it.

AT NO TIME was I told by anyone at Basic Comm. that I needed to call Sprint/Nextel and cancel my service because hey, I was told that when I came in to get the phone, the account would be set-up then.

I called Sprint/Nextel and inquired about when my debit card would be credited on 2/9/2006 because I knew they had received the phone and was told by them that my account was active and that I would be charged a daily rate for the service from Friday
2/3/2006 till Thursday 2/6/2006 and then after the billing cycle ended on 2/21/2006,I would be mailed a check for the remaining security deposit.

I was told by them that the store would refund my $25.00 phone price but when I called Basic I was told that the return center would be responsible for the return of the phone cost.

I don't see how my account could of been active on 2/3/2006 when I didn't even have the phone. When I did get the phone it was taken straight to the post office and mailed right back without being opened.

Is Sprint/Nextel so hard up for money to pay for their merger and NASCAR that they have to steal from the general public? I warned them of word-of-mouth refrences and they laughed.

alma, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2006 03:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Basic-Communications-Sprint-Nextel/Mt-Pleasant-Michigan-48858/Basic-Communications-Sprint-Nextel-Poor-Customer-Service-Withholding-Information-That-Co-175951. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Basic Communications - Sprint-Nextel

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Sprint-Nextel Cell Service is Trouble!

AUTHOR: Chuan K - (U.S.A.)

HI, Everybody!

This Service, on Nextel is Trouble! Nextel Service, SUCXS! in elevators. I had Nextel for TWO Years, and Nextel never did any improvents, on their service. I had the unlimited plan for 60 bucxs a month, for a year, then had to degrade to the cheaper plan, because of the service, getting bad, getting more drop calls, all the time.

I finllay, had it up, to my neck on drop calls, when reception drops. Even direct connects get drop outs, TOOO. Now, that sprint took them over service, SUCXS even more! My parents even North Ranch, Ca in the mopuntains, Sprint-Nextel, has no service! I can't even use the direct connect calls, or call service.

This service SUCXS, worse at work! I was calling my bank to do transfers money from checking to savings. I get droped, in the middle of my transfer. I hates this Nextel Service. I haerd Next is worse cell service, in the US.

ANYways, I will write horor storys about Nextel.