Complaint Review: BasicTalk Phone Service

• Reported By: Intruder — Upper Marlboro Maryland
BasicTalk Phone Service
700 Nestle Way, Suite 200, Breinigsville, PA 18031 , Select State/Province USA

BasicTalk Phone Service BasicTalk Is A Scam Breinigsville PA

My telephone number which I've owned for 21-years was transferred from Verizon to BasicTalk Phone Service on May 28, 2013 due to a switch in phone service provider. However, I cancelled my service with BasicTalk on July 29th due to poor customer service.

An email from BasicTalk dated July 29th states, “We will retain your BasicTalk phone number for 30-days in case you want to transfer it to another phone service provider; if not transferred in 30-days it will no longer be available to you.”  On August 5th, I signed up with Vonage for phone service – requesting that the telephone number held in BasicTalk system be transferred in accordance with the before mentioned email.

After no response from Vonage, I contacted Vonage again on August 13; at which time I was told – my service order was pending because BasicTalk did not release my telephone number to them.  Keep in mind: Vonage is the company that created BasicTalk.

At this point I am beyond angry, because my telephone number was stolen by BasicTalk using unscrupulous business practices. Further, BasicTalk wasn't the issuer of my telephone number – they pulled my number from Verizon who issued the phone number in 1992.

As a result, I was issued a new telephone number on 8/13/2013 by Vonage due to the thief of my original telephone number which is unacceptable. The problem: I own a home-based business therefore the phone number was recorded on ALL vendor accounts, medical records, legal documents, insurances and other records for the last 21-years.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2013 10:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BasicTalk-Phone-Service/Select-StateProvince/BasicTalk-Phone-Service-BasicTalk-Is-A-Scam-Breinigsville-PA-1076080. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BasicTalk Phone Service